Pyrenees August 2019

Big Jets

Reaction score
Just back from the Pyrenees with 3 good mates ,had an absolute ball ,Roads ,weather ,food ,drink,digs first class .Managed to see some of the Cols from my many years of watching the tour .The Col de Aubisque was my Favourite as Tourmalet was a traffic Jam great to see it all the same .Fantastic wish I,d went Thirty years ago .Cheers Wapping your Adac map gave us a good central guide to work from. Cheeers John:beerjug::flag Think the Pic was The Col De Aspin ,and I need to set the date on my camera Cheers again

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 995
Looks fantastic, it's hard to beat the Pyrenees when the weather is good, tyres don't last very long though!

Ye Mika we where blessed with the weather ,started hitting 40 some days to warm for us weegies:beerjug:

how do you get to the Pyrenees the cheapest way please?

Depends on lots of things, and the usual options are ride down from Calais or catch the ferry from Portsmouth or Plymouth to Bilbao or Santander. Ferries aren't cheap but save a lot of mileage (fuel and tyres) and one or two overnight stops. Depending on how much you expect to spend on accommodation, and the price of the ferry, either option can be cheaper.

You could camp in France to save money that way. Or you can take your own food onto the ferry to save money.

Whether you think you'll get seasick will also have an impact!

For what it's worth, we have taken the ferry to Spain for the last few years, though not this year (Covid) or last year (wedding got it the way). Next year, all being well, might see us on the Portsmouth ferry again.

Back
Top Bottom