Derbyshire mechanics

Philsilva

Reaction score
Hi all

Just looking for advice on who uses which dealer or independents to work on their trusty steeds.
I have a none starting 2008 GS and searched the posts for advice but finally decided that my (paltry) mechanical skills are not up to the job, so I have spoken to Pidcocks in Long Eaton but been given dates in Mid September and at quite a cost!

Given that, I'm asking if anyone has any preferred providers they use? I would need a pick up (due to non starting issue) and guessed here would be the best place to ask for recommendations.

Many thanks in advance :)
Phil

All I want to do is ride!! :blast

You may get help off this site if you help describe better than "none starting GS"
Is the battery charged - does the ign lights come on when yer turn key etc.
HTHY

Where in Derbyshire? I know a guy who works around Sheffield and North Derbyshire. He’s a mobile mechanic so he’d come to you ifyou’re in his catchment area. Knows his way round BMW’S very well, a good experienced mechanic who has spannered for BSB teams and at the IOM TT. His name’s Mark and His mobile’s 07971197552.

The other option is Steve at Rainbow Workshop but he’s over the border in Notts. at Lindrick Dale. details at rainbow workshop.co.uk

dont use pidcocks.. as above, common fault on 08 model, Ring Antenna, fuel pump controler, battery

There's a couple of recent threads regarding bikes that won't start, it could be something relatively simple. Like MickDB1 says get as much info as you can and post it under a, Bike Won't Start, thread.

You could be up and running in no time. :thumb2

Where in Derbyshire? I know a guy who works around Sheffield and North Derbyshire. He’s a mobile mechanic so he’d come to you ifyou’re in his catchment area. Knows his way round BMW’S very well, a good experienced mechanic who has spannered for BSB teams and at the IOM TT. His name’s Mark and His mobile’s 07971197552.

The other option is Steve at Rainbow Workshop but he’s over the border in Notts. at Lindrick Dale. details at rainbow workshop.co.uk

Can confirm both of these recommendations:thumby:

Well I finally got it fixed by an independent guy in Long Eaton called Jim Hill. Sorted it and did the MOT and also found a small issue with my rear brakes binding so fixed that as well and even did a genral health check saying the bike was in good health but needed air in the tyres!!

Overall I was really pleased with the service....and the issue.....A mini relay which cost £12 lol

Thanks everyone for your help on here :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom