Another suspension question ?

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK the new lowered stuff is on.

Why though is it a bastid to get it onto the main stand?

other than lowering it, nothing has changed.

I'd have thought it would have been easier ..

Luckily ive a shortened centre stand i can swap over tommorow

the side stand may need a bit of fetalisation ;)

It's all about the angle the centre stand is at when it touches the ground- because it's less than before it takes more effort to lift it to the vertical and beyond as you're also lifting the mass of the bike higher too. My lowered GS has both a shorter side stand and centre stand to compensate for the lowered suspension so the angle the centre stand is at when it touches the ground and the lean angle the bike is at on the side stand is the same as a standard GS. If you don't change the side stand it may not even lean at all and if it does with a pillion onboard you'll need to lean it past the vertical in order to retract it.

Agree. It's like putting a piece of 2x4 under centrestand of unlowered bike

roll the bike on to said 2x4 so the rear wheel is up, then pop on its stand like a normal bike

Same here when I use my trolley stand in the garage, bit harder to get up, 2x4 sorts it if not feeling to strong, otherwise when not on the trolley feels way easier, all about the angles.

I'd have thought it would have been easier ..

:blast

basically, It's nearer to the ground and the stand doesn't drop far enough so you lose any leverage benefits making it harder to lift as you have to physically lift the weight rather roll it using the stand.

You'll also notice the bike is more upright when on the side stand.

:blast

basically, It's nearer to the ground and the stand doesn't drop far enough so you lose any leverage benefits making it harder to lift as you have to physically lift the weight rather roll it using the stand.

You'll also notice the bike is more upright when on the side stand.

Your not kidding there lol :eek .

The lowered main stand has sorted out the lifting issue ;)

Now to sort the suspension itself

Back
Top Bottom