ABS

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi gents, just wondering is it possible to de activate "manually" the ABS, ie, hold and press down abs button, etc, or does anyone know of a way to de activate the system. Thanks in advance, steve.

I'd try the handbook,
certainly for my 1200gs its an option - the procedure is defined in the handbook

Hi gents, just wondering is it possible to de activate "manually" the ABS, ie, hold and press down abs button, etc, or does anyone know of a way to de activate the system. Thanks in advance, steve.

I'd like to know this as well! As far as I can see there is no mention of "deactivating" the ABS in the handbook.

On my XCountry, with ignition on (engine running or not), press and hold the ABS button until the red ABS light on the dash comes on. Same in reverse to reactivate. Also described on pages 35-36 of the manual.

Nice one hildasay, I'll give that a bash, can't get on with abs off road, note to self, must get a manual. cheers.

On my XCountry, with ignition on (engine running or not), press and hold the ABS button until the red ABS light on the dash comes on. Same in reverse to reactivate. Also described on pages 35-36 of the manual.

Thanks for that. In the manual I downloaded pages 35 and 36 are about suspension adjustment! I'll have a go at the method you describe.

From my 2009 XCountry manual:

Attachments

• abs1.jpg
    abs1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 164
  • abs2.jpg
    abs2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 149
  • abs3.jpg
    abs3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 170
  • abs4.jpg
    abs4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 165
Excellent hildasay, cheers.

Yep, sure was Santa, can I order one through you for Xmas.....lol. Cheers for all the response guys.

Have been away for a week doing trails, switching off the abs on occasions when needed with the button, however now after riding for ten mins or so, with out touching the abs button, the abs light comes on !!! Is this showing a fault, and if so any idea's how to remedy? Cheers Steve.

Have you got access to a GS-911 - you can then read off any fault codes

It does sound as if the ABS is seeing an error

Screenshot-2019-09-15-at-17-39-28.png

Thanks John, I'll see if I can get hold of a code reader, cheers

Quick up date, finally got it plugged in and through up front wheel abs sensor problem. On closer inspection seen the cable insulation been rubbed away by the disc, doesnt look like the actual cable been touched though just the outer insulation, bugger. Bit of a long shot, anyone got a spare cable and sensor they want to sell? In the mean time wrapped it in tape and I'll farkle some sort of protection, bit of fuel pipe, etc.Cheers steve.

Back
Top Bottom