Help/advice required Schuberth SC1 / Cardo Freecom 1+ conflict

Jonno58

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I have a BMW Nav5, Schuberth SC1 Advanced Comms in a Schuberth C4 Helmet used with an iPhone 6.

That was and still does all work ok 'independently'. (Nav & Phone can be operated from Nav5, Music from SD Card in Nav and calls all ok.)

My pillion has bought a new Schuberth C3 Basic and we wanted Intercom between us. We were sold a Cardi Freecom 1 Plus as the solution. Having paired these we now have a permanent intercom feed but I as rider now have no Audio from the Navigation, only visual, nor can I play music. Nav tells me that I have no A2DP connection when paired with the Cardo.

is it possible for Rider to receive Audio (Music & Directions) from Nav & also have Intercom with pillion? I'm concerned after reading a few threads/manuals that what I have ended up with looks like a Universal Intercom pairing that prevents Multipoint connection?

Is the only solution to buy another SENA based system for the pillion? I checked the Dealer website and they only sell the SC1 Schuberth Comms system.

Any help or advice appreciated,

Jonno

Hi, I have a BMW Nav5, Schuberth SC1 Advanced Comms in a Schuberth C4 Helmet used with an iPhone 6.

That was and still does all work ok 'independently'. (Nav & Phone can be operated from Nav5, Music from SD Card in Nav and calls all ok.)

My pillion has bought a new Schuberth C3 Basic and we wanted Intercom between us. We were sold a Cardi Freecom 1 Plus as the solution. Having paired these we now have a permanent intercom feed but I as rider now have no Audio from the Navigation, only visual, nor can I play music. Nav tells me that I have no A2DP connection when paired with the Cardo.

is it possible for Rider to receive Audio (Music & Directions) from Nav & also have Intercom with pillion? I'm concerned after reading a few threads/manuals that what I have ended up with looks like a Universal Intercom pairing that prevents Multipoint connection?

Is the only solution to buy another SENA based system for the pillion? I checked the Dealer website and they only sell the SC1 Schuberth Comms system.

Any help or advice appreciated,

Jonno

Your SC1 is made by Sena, the Freecom by Scala. Two different manufacturers. They are connecting via the universal intercom option which is effectively using a mobile phone connection & therefore overriding the other connections you have to Nav etc. Solution is the get a Sena unit for your pillion (recommended), or swap out the SC1 for a Scala unit, but given the integration of the SC1 with the C4 not a route I’d choose.

OK, appreciate this is an old thread, and maybe a dumb question,
I have a Schuberth C3 Pro with the neck collar comms (made by Cardo I think).
And a Schuberth C4 Pro with the SC1 (made by Sena).

Is there a proven / reliable / easy way to pair them ?
I don't mind if it blocks other connections eg. to my BMW Sat Nav or to my mobile phone.

Would be good to get the intercoms working.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom