Windshield Diffuser Recommendations?

DC Goddard

Reaction score
I've test ridden the GS and love if apart from turbulent air rattling my helmet (I'm 6' 1.5"). Could a similarly sized forum member please recommend a suitable windshield mod?

Thanks in advance,

David G.

MRA xcreen.....makes a massive difference. Calm visor up stuff to 90mph.

I have just fitted a ‘high wide’ screen from Nippy Normans, problem solved. Good value too at £69.

I purchased a cheapo ebay special as posted by sanqhar. Made a huge amount of difference to air quality...lid was a lot quieter with the gadget in place.

Standard GSA screen (direct swap) plus MRA X-CScreen.

For some, setting the screen on the lowest setting makes turbulence less of a problem. You can also fit an MRS Vario touring screen. About the same height as the GSA screen but sturdier and has an integral adjustable spoiler. It's what I now use on mine. Does the trick. I rode an S1000R today with a tiny bikini fairing and that had less turbulance noise than my GSA, so getting a taller screen isn't always the solution....getting one that promotes more laminar air flow often works better.

Standard GSA screen (direct swap) plus MRA X-CScreen.

For some, setting the screen on the lowest setting makes turbulence less of a problem. You can also fit an MRS Vario touring screen. About the same height as the GSA screen but sturdier and has an integral adjustable spoiler. It's what I now use on mine. Does the trick. I rode an S1000R today with a tiny bikini fairing and that had less turbulance noise than my GSA, so getting a taller screen isn't always the solution....getting one that promotes more laminar air flow often works better.

+1 - used to ride all of my GS/A's with no screen at all, beautiful smooth airflow, little noise and zero buffeting, now ride my 1190 Adv with the tiny 'R' screen and it's perfect.

You soon get used to a little more pressure on the motorway...and lets be honest who doesn't enjoy a little push back :D

+1 - used to ride all of my GS/A's with no screen at all, beautiful smooth airflow, little noise and zero buffeting, now ride my 1190 Adv with the tiny 'R' screen and it's perfect.

+1 - it seems to me that unless you have something the size of a barn door, less is more.

I bought one of these couple weeks back and fitted to a standard 2014 screen.
Best £14 I have spent on a bike.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Well worth a punt.
Plus my thanks to Sanquhar above for highlighting.:thumb

When it does the usual trick of splitting between the bracket holes at 70mph and launches one half towards your face make sure you're wearing a full face with visor down!
I know of 3 other's that have gone the same way. If you never go over 50mph and only ride in dry calm sunny weather you might be OK.

+ 1 for MRA X-creen. Quality products!
https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_X-creen_Tour_Motorcycle_Windshield_Spoiler_Defelctor.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjYHpBRC4ARIsAI-3GkGDDW3lefcXtKmcgI2V-L5E9p7-0tesA5nJ_E4BFTy43eoIQqbIp64aAqOaEALw_wcB

Back
Top Bottom