What Tyres on Your new 1250 GS

Have a pair on order for fitting on my GSA on Wednesday. They will replace the 6800 mile Bridgestone A41s. A41s a good tyre, but the front is well shot before the rear.

I’ve only used them on dry roads so far, but the handling has been transformed. I’m very impressed so far after a blast around the Yorkshire Dales on Saturday :beerjug:

I’ve only used them on dry roads so far, but the handling has been transformed. I’m very impressed so far after a blast around the Yorkshire Dales on Saturday :beerjug:

150 miles on the Trail Attack 3 today (dry) and love them already. They are very neutral to turn and hold slow or fast corner lines really well. They also feel very smooth and quiet.

my 1250 has just turned 9k miles .it was fitted new with Bridgstone A41 which i have found to be a brilliant tyre (i don't really go off road) i do mainly fast/aggressive road riding. However i will be about to fit my 4th front and 3rd rear. I'm looking for a sport touring tyre that will give me a bit more mileage without compromising on the grip i get from the A41s (It's the only tyre I've ever had where i have zero chicken strips left on the front tyre!) i live in Scotland so loads of fast twisty roads. What do you guys recommend?

Anneke adventures on mine. Only done about 170 miles so far on them

4000 miles on the factory fitted Anakee Adventures and I was very happy with them for the first 3500. Recently I've felt the front wheel slip a little (probably a millimetre but felt like a foot) which I've not experienced on the PR5s I had on previous bikes for several sets

I'm going to change when replacements are needed but will look at the budget and availability I guess, but would love a tyre which lasted for 6000 miles and gave the PR5 level of grip?

Have used Roadtec 01's for a few 1,000 miles and so far wear looks good and grip (to me) is no worse than Road 5's.

Conti TA3 , nuff said , hot day more grip than you need .... nothing better out there at the moment and we have tried all sorts.

Attachments

• da427326-9da5-415a-86cd-f742e4f82ac9.jpg
    da427326-9da5-415a-86cd-f742e4f82ac9.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 626
Any one used both Conti TA3 and Road Attack, any comments please. Bike is for road use use only. Many thanks

Used both but found the Road Attack did not turn as well as the Trail Attack , the rear has a flatter profile which seems to make the rear lazy. I sold them on as a part worn set as i could not get used to the way they felt.
The TA3 is for me and and 4 others the best set we have used , both in the UK and Europe.

Any one used both Conti TA3 and Road Attack, any comments please. Bike is for road use use only. Many thanks

Just taken off RA3s and put on TA3s to give them a try

Haven’t got many KMs on the TA3s yet and haven’t really pushed them at all but they do feel great so far

Maybe a bit quicker steering than the RA3s but then new tyres always feel good

The RA3s were up until now the best tyres I’ve ever had on a bike and have definitely won me over from Michelin

Whichever you get you won’t be disappointed

Just taken off RA3s and put on TA3s to give them a try

Haven’t got many KMs on the TA3s yet and haven’t really pushed them at all but they do feel great so far

Maybe a bit quicker steering than the RA3s but then new tyres always feel good

The RA3s were up until now the best tyres I’ve ever had on a bike and have definitely won me over from Michelin

Whichever you get you won’t be disappointed

The TA3 even when worn still perform , its the front that seems to go first , but they still deliver great grip. Never got the RA to feel as good as a completly buggered TA3 from new , but the question of what tyres is always a difficult question to answer as we are all different.

Back
Top Bottom