Bumot Xtremadas

Fluffmeister

I think I'm a Guzzista now
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any of you fine gentlemen using these on your GSA’s as there is a set that go straight into the stock scaffolding.

I think Arsey has some on his ATAS, but anyone got them on one of Bavaria’s finest?

I’m thinking of offloading my ally panniers and going for a set as I use the bike a lot for work and they could be a more convenient option.

Cliff at Adventure bike shop has stock of them at the moment and pricing is reasonable.

Any of you fine gentlemen using these on your GSA’s as there is a set that go straight into the stock scaffolding.

I think Arsey has some on his ATAS, but anyone got them on one of Bavaria’s finest?

I’m thinking of offloading my ally panniers and going for a set as I use the bike a lot for work and they could be a more convenient option.

Cliff at Adventure bike shop has stock of them at the moment and pricing is reasonable.

I was looking at these and considering the same - offloading my Adventure panniers and replacing with these. When you say they go straight into the stock scaffolding do you mean they fit the BMW adventure pairs racks? I was under the impression you had to purchase the Bumot Racks as well?

I was looking at these and considering the same - offloading my Adventure panniers and replacing with these. When you say they go straight into the stock scaffolding do you mean they fit the BMW adventure pairs racks? I was under the impression you had to purchase the Bumot Racks as well?

They fit straight on to GSA frames as Asen at Bumot designed them that way (ie the Bumot frames mirror the GSA frames,fitment-wise).

Brilliant panniers.Now my default over the ally Bumot Defenders.
They’ll hold a huge amount and odd shapes not an issue due to their flexibility on 3 sides.

Only downside is security but not normally an issue away from the UK.

As above Tony my mate has them on his bike, they have a plate at the back and go straight on to OEM racks if you pick the bigger ones link below, otherwise you can get racks from them and use the smaller ones, they have a waterproof innerbag in them so do get wet on the outside, for the price they are very good indeed, only thing that is better and 100% waterproof without innerbags are the Lonerider bags.

https://shop.bumot.eu/en/catalog/id/219.html

https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/motobags

As above Tony my mate has them on his bike, they have a plate at the back and go straight on to OEM racks if you pick the bigger ones link below, otherwise you can get racks from them and use the smaller ones, they have a waterproof innerbag in them so do get wet on the outside, for the price they are very good indeed, only thing that is better and 100% waterproof without innerbags are the Lonerider bags.

https://shop.bumot.eu/en/catalog/id/219.html

https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/motobags

I was going to fit a full set on my 790 but Bumot will not supply directly if there’s a dealer in your country. For me that added £250 so didn’t happen.

I was going to fit a full set on my 790 but Bumot will not supply directly if there’s a dealer in your country. For me that added £250 so didn’t happen.

If I can help Joe no problem, Bumot ship directly to Germany, I could get them for you and send them on if needed.

If I can help Joe no problem, Bumot ship directly to Germany, I could get them for you and send them on if needed.

That is very very kind of you thank you. I’ve gone with another brand short term but may well consider that. Thank you.

An advantage to me is using a single set for any bike.

Another convert - I have them on my 1290 SA-T. Very versatile, and pack down nice and slim if you’re not carrying much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well there is a 10% off coupon on eBay at the moment PACKED10, I just used that and got a set for £427.50, to go straight into my GSA frames.

Code is valid until 6th September.

They are coming from Adventure Bike Shop, looks like eBay absorbs the 10%

Hope this helps someone else.

I have them fitted to my 1250 GSA. Very happy with them. As already said they fit and lock directly to the OEM luggage racks, hold all I'm likely to need for a 2 week tour, are narrower than the metal boxes and look a bit different from the usual luggage. I paired mine with a black 46 litre Givi Dolomiti top box and it all works well for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_104040519.jpg
    IMG_20190413_104040519.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 711
I have them fitted to my 1250 GSA. Very happy with them. As already said they fit and lock directly to the OEM luggage racks, hold all I'm likely to need for a 2 week tour, are narrower than the metal boxes and look a bit different from the usual luggage. I paired mine with a black 46 litre Givi Dolomiti top box and it all works well for me.

I have just get Extremadas, be careful, 1 is for oem racks, other is for bumot racks so 2 different versions, I get bumot racks version so I can get nice big bumot toolbox, bmw oem toolbox is smaller.

I've sold the GS and gone back to a KTM and have just bought the Bumots and frames. Bumot were doing a deal direct with a discount but Adventure Bike Shop matched the price and supplied direct, good service and the product is great.

+1 for the Adventure Bike Shop.
Cliff did a special order for me for two full size panniers (no exhaust cut out) for my CCM GP450.
I like the way they lock to the frames.
Tom

I get racks today install good, now I will do same as fluffmeister and sell boxes, very more happy with soft bags.

What's been your long term experience with the Bumot Extremadas?

Back
Top Bottom