Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lack of Customer Service

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Since I actually work occasionally in a sales environment I have an understanding of how things work from the salespersons view point. If I could have found someone to ask yesterday I would have. Problem being that someone would walk through a part of the showroom and then vanish. The previous problems have been with workshop and mechanical issues not buying a pair of gloves. The whole thing was highlighted by the fact that there were No Other Customers The Whole Time I Was There. Rest assured, I will not be going back to Cannon Motorcycles for anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    Since I actually work occasionally in a sales environment I have an understanding of how things work from the salespersons view point. If I could have found someone to ask yesterday I would have. Problem being that someone would walk through a part of the showroom and then vanish. The previous problems have been with workshop and mechanical issues not buying a pair of gloves. The whole thing was highlighted by the fact that there were No Other Customers The Whole Time I Was There. Rest assured, I will not be going back to Cannon Motorcycles for anything at all.
    Unfortunately there is one person pissed off by this affair. Guess who?

Similar thing when a couple years back, wife in need new car. I went in Inverness Audi to see an Audi Q3. I was in my builders gear so not best dressed and driving my 6 year old Transporter.
    Wandered round car lot, couldn't see a used one or new one outside. Went into showroom asked salesman if they had one I could see, used or new ?
    No, but there are some brochures on table over there...then hewalked away.

Very late 80s between the Army and the prison Service i spent 3 years in the car trade

I had a brilliant deaper principle who had worked his way up who took me under his wing with lots of sage advice

Things like if you go and ask every woman who walks past if the fancy a shag, sooner or later one will say yes

his other top tip was never ever ignore a person who walks in. they may be just sheltering from the rain and kicking tyres or they could be loaded and want a new car

A scruffy and swarthy bloke walked in one day and every other salesman ignored him, he walked past me and all i could smell was fish and chips

I said hello could i help and on the spot he just ordered and paid for a brand new Rover Vittesse at full money ( ( No one ever paid full money for them)

Turns out he owned 5 chip and kebab shops and was loaded and very pissed off that wherever he went to buy a car he was just ignored

I made loads of cash on that and in fairness made loads over the 3 years i was there.
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Bear is never right

Norfolk Tiger can fuck off

Senior member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by busy builder View Post
    Wandered round car lot, couldn't see a used one or new one outside. Went into showroom asked salesman if they had one I could see, used or new ?
    No, but there are some brochures on table over there...then hewalked away.
    Visited the local vauxhall dealer with my daughter who was itching to buy a brand new Adam - lethargic salesmen who handed her some brochures but no car able to take on a test drive.
    Miss Disappointed then visited dealer in Preston - good customer service and new car bought on the spot.
    Solvitur ambulando

A builder mate of mine went into a BMW garage about 18 years ago, very interested in an M5. As he was in a scruffy tracksuit, and turned up in the van, they completely ignore him. When he eventually found a salesman, the guy thought my mate was just another tyre kicker wanting a joyride.

He then went to Audi, and the service he got was exceptional. So he bought an RS6 with cash. Since then, he has bought about 10 more cars from the same dealer, including a new RS6 every other year, an RS4 for his wife, SQ7 when the latest one came out, and he now has the new R8 V10 Plus. All bought with cash. He owns a building company which employs over 30 staff. Never judge a book by the cover.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Where’s Willow when she’s needed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12