Ktm my ride

xantamisch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had my 1290 serviced and now have ‘my ride’ on the dash. Is this what you used to have to pay for? Is it free now?

Anyway, it doesn’t seem to connect to my phone. Do I need to download an app? The only one I can find is the £7.99 ktm my ride navigation app

Yep, you need to download the app. Once downloaded, you can send routes to the dash, and connect your phone for music/ phone calls etc. :thumb

The mapping is pretty average but the music, if you have spotify or the like, is quite handy ... :thumb2

thanks - seem to have got it set up but when it connects it cuts out the radio on my scala rider g9x, and it seems that if I turn down volume on navigation ('cos the constant instructions drive me loopy) it also turns down the volume on music? I haven't found a mute function for navigation only but it may be there somewhere?

I have a Garmin anyway so this doesn't seem to add anything, for me anyway

thanks - seem to have got it set up but when it connects it cuts out the radio on my scala rider g9x, and it seems that if I turn down volume on navigation ('cos the constant instructions drive me loopy) it also turns down the volume on music? I haven't found a mute function for navigation only but it may be there somewhere?

I have a Garmin anyway so this doesn't seem to add anything, for me anyway

Turning off voice guidance is in the settings menu and i don't think you need the app to have the conectivty

Pair the phone and pair the Senna or whatever to the dash separately

cheers - but I am a complete luddite. How do I ensure my ride doesn't cut out the radio?

my phone is paired to my headset. My phone and headset are both paired to the dash (I think!). Is this not what I should do??!?

I want to listen to the radio and take phonecalls, ideally using the my ride function

thanks!

cheers - but I am a complete luddite. How do I ensure my ride doesn't cut out the radio?

my phone is paired to my headset. My phone and headset are both paired to the dash (I think!). Is this not what I should do??!?

I want to listen to the radio and take phonecalls, ideally using the my ride function

thanks!

Un pair the phone from the head set
Pair the phone to the bike
then pair the headset to the bike

Then make sure in the My ride nav menu voice guidance is turned off ( not ticked) then the guidance will only show as turn by turn on the dash !

You cannot listen to the radio through my ride ( unless you can get the radio on the phone) as the my ride uses the phone for music and obviously phone calls and Nav from the app

You would be able to use streaming i assume ( i dont) but I tunes plays well and i just have various play lists. The music, next track etc are all controllable from the menu buttons on LHS switch gear

cheers!! that makes sense

(and I am a soft shandy (well, craft beer / Malbec) drinking southern poof!)

I was looking for the mute function on the dash but it is actually in the app on the 'phone - told you I was a luddite

Hi there, I'm new to this KTP My ride App, tried it yesterday and seems to work OK, however, I'm finding it impossible to delete any of the routes saved in My Trips. Anyone been able to do this?

Back
Top Bottom