Large Tent to go with my VW

well after many years of camping and converting vans , went up to a vw crafter mwb . great van but just a bit to big ,spent all evening sitting inside so it defeats the idea. now back to the old toyota hiace its seem to me the more room the more crap you take . I like the fact I can put a motorbike in side for the crossing then drop it on a fold out trailer for the rest of the holiday . once the bike is out the bed is set up job done, it depends on age and how well you both can rough it , please dont mention a roof tent!! a mate has all the gear but spends more time on cleaning and set up than enjoyment of the holiday .

well after many years of camping and converting vans , went up to a vw crafter mwb . great van but just a bit to big ,spent all evening sitting inside so it defeats the idea. now back to the old toyota hiace its seem to me the more room the more crap you take . I like the fact I can put a motorbike in side for the crossing then drop it on a fold out trailer for the rest of the holiday . once the bike is out the bed is set up job done, it depends on age and how well you both can rough it , please dont mention a roof tent!! a mate has all the gear but spends more time on cleaning and set up than enjoyment of the holiday .

Got any pics of your Hiace set up & converted?

very basic just bed cooker and porta loo , its been ripped out as the crafter took its place .will put a new interior in it over the winter ready for next year. its only just run in at 206k so may change to a lower mileage van it will be another hiace .

very basic just bed cooker and porta loo , its been ripped out as the crafter took its place .will put a new interior in it over the winter ready for next year. its only just run in at 206k so may change to a lower mileage van it will be another hiace .

Love my Hiace so looking for your inspiration

Those old HiAce's had a strong reputation for reliability, but they're a tad small of you're a big bugger like me. I'm now running a LWB Vivaro with a simple conversion and it's working for me. I was camping in The Cotswolds last week and i felt like I was camping, but had a nice bed in the van to retire to at the end of the evening's sitting out, watching the sun set with a cold beer!

Back
Top Bottom