My new 1250 rallye BROKEDOWN

Goldilocks? Pah!

Mine is Alice......... Alice Goot, Alice in Ordnung.

Have you never heard of the Goldilocks Story...?

Once upon a time, actually it was late 2016, there was a prospective motorcycle customer with lots of hard earned money to spend.

In need of enlightenment he stumbled into a BMW showroom to escape the bad weather.

Nobody was around to serve him, as feckin usual, so he wondered around and came across three bike stands.

The first bike stand had a '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure model, which was way to soft. Clunky gearchanges, Euro3 GS911 bullshit, ESA Suspension problems..... nah

The second bike stand had a late '17 BMW R1200GS Adventure model, which was way to hard. TFT Screen with 5 HOURS DOWNLOAD UPDATES.....WTF nah

The third bike stand had late '16 early '17 beautiful Goldilocks spread out in front of him, hungry for attention. A nice late '16/early' 17 BMW R1200GS Adventure model, just fookin right. Gearchanges sorted, Euro4 OBD2 Port, DIY servicing heaven, manually operated ESA, no fancy TFT to go wrong, 15 minute software updates. Great.

So he jumped straight on Goldilocks and gave her the damn good thrashing she wanted.... and they lived happily ever after.

Except she gave him a rusty shaft 2 years later which took a lot of explaining and Anti-biotics to sort out.

think you will find my 2016 sept is goldilocks with spoke wheels with no issues:beerjug:

Unfortunately there is no Goldilocks GS, if there was it would be March '17 onwards with euro3 fuelling with full system and a hilltop setup.

Unfortunately there is no Goldilocks GS, if there was it would be March '17 onwards with euro3 fuelling with full system and a hilltop setup.

Eh..
Actually, most people seem to think that the Euro4 fueling was an improvement over the Euro3 fueling.

As for HT setup, it seems like we may claim that all bikes are now set up as HT sets up the bikes...:D

Eh..
Actually, most people seem to think that the Euro4 fueling was an improvement over the Euro3 fueling.

As for HT setup, it seems like we may claim that all bikes are now set up as HT sets up the bikes...:D

I don't find the dip in power and torque from 5500 to 6750rpm an improvement over the linear delivery I had on my euro3 bike.

Unfortunately there is no Goldilocks GS, if there was it would be March '17 onwards without all the '17 bike's problems, euro3 fuelling with full system and a hilltop sticker.

Fixt :hippy;)

All GS's are Goldilocks Gs's Bruv!:beerjug:

Fixt :hippy;)

All GS's are Goldilocks Gs's Bruv!:beerjug:

I'd liken all the other GS's to the story of Cinderella.....

Just when you're at the Ball having a great time, the fucker turns into a pumpkin.

On a tour around Wales stopped at the Menai bridge fucking thing wont start.BMW assist on their way.Not Happy ,2300 miles new on 14th June !

Had the bike at the dealers today,no fault codes visible and had a software upgrade.Basically they couldn't find anything wrong with it or have any idea why it wouldn't start ,It'll take a while before I have any confidence in it.I had planned to do the Alps next July but after this and reading a couple of recent threads I think I'll give it a miss.

Had the bike at the dealers today,no fault codes visible and had a software upgrade.Basically they couldn't find anything wrong with it or have any idea why it wouldn't start ,It'll take a while before I have any confidence in it.I had planned to do the Alps next July but after this and reading a couple of recent threads I think I'll give it a miss.

Do the alps no problem, just clean the sensor and stop fretting.

Do the alps no problem, just clean the sensor and stop fretting.

I'm natural born worrier ! I Very nearly went for the 1260 Multistrada ,might be a 3 month old Rallye for sale very soon.

You very nearly went for a MS before or after the incident?

Before,just thought I would try the 1250 unfortunately there so damn good so I went for it.Its my 3rd GS ,1st one had a new water pump,2nd 15000 of totally reliable miles.

Before,just thought I would try the 1250 unfortunately there so damn good so I went for it.Its my 3rd GS ,1st one had a new water pump,2nd 15000 of totally reliable miles.

And will probably be fine now, you have got over your shock, just ride it and if it starts again, then for sure it has a problem.

And will probably be fine now, you have got over your shock, just ride it and if it starts again, then for sure it has a problem.

Your right mate,time to move on I think:D

Agree I went round the houses and found that for me it was the best all rounder. I love it.

Not sure a Multi would have lessened your anxiety tho':D

Mines been in, connected to the mothership and had 14 updates to everyone of the computers on the bike (I believe there are 4 or so). None of the error codes showed up :blast, so nothing was changed. We’ll see how it goes eh, hopefully it’s all sorted though.

On a tour around Wales stopped at the Menai bridge fucking thing wont start.BMW assist on their way.Not Happy ,2300 miles new on 14th July !

I thought i would use my bike to collect my daughters prescription today,but seeing as it was a lovely day and ive only been out on it once since last October i did a 15 mile detour so 21 miles in total bit naughty i know!

Got on the bike and guess what the bike wouldn't start ,what a bag of unreliable shite :mad:

Waited 30 mins and it started, its really frustrating and i have lost all confidence in the bike.

Its been on an optimate all winter and it started immediately no problem ,for some reason the issue is when its warm.I knew i should have got the Ducati :blast

Back
Top Bottom