ACF 50'd

Well i use my gun at around 35psi and i set it to mist the ACF50 on as long as the dry surfaces, and they should be dry when you do it. Other than that thats all i do. I dont wipe it off and i dont wash the bike ever ! I re-apply it maybe a couple of times a year to the points that get a lot of washing from rain and riding. Other than that, thats it.

Thanks, I'll give it a go before the crap weather arrives

I made them out of some old canvas sails I had in my shed of plenty.

Eventually I'd remove the back wheel and just cover the disc/caliper, seemed easier but probably wasn't, made me happy though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Actually, removing the rear wheel is not a bad idea... It's so simple to remove... Next time!

I think if I'm only covering one wheel, I might be able to live with masking just one!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Actually, removing the rear wheel is not a bad idea... It's so simple to remove... Next time!

I think if I'm only covering one wheel, I might be able to live with masking just one!

Just wrap the front wheel with the stuff for the pallets like below, as long as bike is cold, and you can stick some around the clocks also, this is what I will be doing soon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Realpack-Black-Pallet-Stretch-Cling/dp/B00555H8JG

Just wrap the front wheel with the stuff for the pallets like below, as long as bike is cold, and you can stick some around the clocks also, this is what I will be doing soon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Realpack-Black-Pallet-Stretch-Cling/dp/B00555H8JG
Another good idea .

At the moment, I first cover the discs send calipers with some layers of kitchen towel (to absorb any that might get in). Then I use kitchen foil over all of that to hold it in place and make an impervious barrier...

Are you guys protecting TFT displays? My clocks get a misting and then the obligatory run over with the microfiber cloth, as does the whole bike. But my clocks are retro compared to a TFT

I do the same Del but by hand, so it takes a bit longer as I have to keep re-heating the spray bottle. About halfway through the winter I get a bit twitchy as I want to clean it but I have to resist!! :thumb:thumb

I have ACF'd my last 3 bikes and they have stayed mint as a result. I don't care what the naysayers have to bleat about, the stuff works. Clingfilm over the brakes and disks then newspaper taped around them. Tyres covered with an old sheet. Best to use a spray mist from a spray gun but I just use the pump bottle and buy the stuff in bulk. Wash, clean and dry the bike, mask up and then liberally spray every nook and cranny. Pay special attention to the underside of cylinders and engine casings and I remove the sump bash plate for this. Once coated, I leave for 10 to 20 minutes then wipe all the excess off from wherever I can (I don;t leave it to gather dust and crud like some do), start the engine and wait for the stuff to burn off hot casings and exhaust. Job done. I do mine like this every 6 months and then after every few weeks riding I go over the frame, engine casings and wheel spokes/rims wiping down with a rag. 1 large bottle of ACF last me several years.

I completely agree. It does work. And as mentioned above, I get a little itchy wanting to wash it properly but I wait... and bar the odd application here and there or a wipe with an ACF50 soaked microfiber cloth, it cleans up like new each time

On my previous 1200 GS LC I always used S100 corrosion protect. I usually use an old sock. I spray the corrosion protect on the sock and rub this on the whole bike.
I also sprayd my exhaust pipes from the engine. After a while these became corroded.

Does anyone compared the S100 with the ASF50 in terms of protection?
Do you spray the entire bike (excl. wheels & brakes?), do you spray the spokes as well?

Yup - swear by the stuff as well. I don't have a compressor so just use the aerosol cans. Use an old sock to apply the stuff - consumes a lot less ACF-50 than spraying directly onto the bike. Also use a basting brush to get into all the nooks and crannies such as the cooling fins. Whole job takes about 10 or 15 mins and is done once the bike's been washed and then dried using my trusty pink dog blower! :rolleyes::):thumb2

I normally use my bigboi blower but found out my battery powered leaveblower does it better.

On my previous 1200 GS LC I always used S100 corrosion protect. I usually use an old sock. I spray the corrosion protect on the sock and rub this on the whole bike.
I also sprayd my exhaust pipes from the engine. After a while these became corroded.

Does anyone compared the S100 with the ASF50 in terms of protection?
Do you spray the entire bike (excl. wheels & brakes?), do you spray the spokes as well?

Yep, spray the whole bike, including spokes, except those bits you mention. Well, not the seat or the controls inc footpegs, foot brake etc.

Thanks. So the s100 preforms better than the acf.

For pure protection, it would seem so. Seems to be sticky - as the better protectants all are - but not overly so perhaps.

Thanks. So the s100 preforms better than the acf.

Not if you apply ACF regularly. These tests are not that meaningful unless you are the sort of owner who never cleans or wipes over their bike more than a few times a year. Then you may want the longer lasting ones but who the heck pays £20K for a bike and leaves it to deteriorate with every ride for half the year? If you re-apply acf monthly with a rag soaked in it, corrosion doesn't get a look in plus of all the ones tested on that comparison, (I've tested a few of them) acf seems best for giving the whole bike a nice sheen without attracting muck. It's more than up to the job. I wouldn't want to apply xcf or some of the more sticky compounds to plastics or shockers especially. With acf you can and just wipe it over, job done (and plastics come up a treat too). I do however use XCF on the sub chassis of my RX450 and re-apply it once every 6 months. It does a great job on those sort of areas where acf does not (and I wouldn't be getting under the car every few weeks to use it either!). Horses for courses. I have some Sdoc100 cleaner but haven't tried the corrosion inhibitor. No need when I have a large bottle of acf to get through! Use what you have, apply it regularly and don't fret. They all do a good enough job if applied often enough.

Did mine for the first time with ACF50 today. Bought the 1 ltr bottle in a pack with the (useless as a chocolate fireguard) squirty bottle. As it was all I had I used the little c@nt of a squirty yoke and the bike turned out mint I must say!

Now off to order a Flairosol (think that's the right name) on Amazon as that does seem to work with ACF50 as demoed on YouTube.

I do however use XCF on the sub chassis of my RX450 and re-apply it once every 6 months. .

Some sad bastards about.

I use bilt hamber dynax s50 on mine...

Back
Top Bottom