Test ride on new R1250RS today

Carlosfandango

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a test ride on the new 1250RS today, damn fine bike.
Power for overtaking was excellent, nice ride. Very comfortable, although wind noise was higher than I expected, big improvement on the old 1200RS although OTR costs for a new one are a little eyewatering and value of my 2017 GS as part ex was lower than aniticipated. cost to change over £6K

Perhaps I'll wait for second hand ones to come on the market in 6-12 months time....

Plus I'll let all the Beta testers to iron out the problems first!

Was admiring the 1250 RS (yellow?) at Bahnstormer’s, looks much better than the 1200. Would like to have a go on one sometime. Shame they don’t do the HP colour scheme on this bike.

Was admiring the 1250 RS (yellow?) at Bahnstormer’s, looks much better than the 1200. Would like to have a go on one sometime. Shame they don’t do the HP colour scheme on this bike.

You mean the nondescript new bike painted in Tosser Urin Gelb ?

You mean the nondescript new bike painted in Tosser Urin Gelb ?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) but the yellow looks ok in the showroom, as all the shapes are enhanced by the matte finish. The new M Sport colours should make it more pleasing to the eye. I have seen a crap review of this bike yet and if I hadn’t bought a gsa, this may have been the bike for me. I do like to stand on the pegs occasionally to stretch me legs and get a bit of air through the suit on hot days, which would be a bit difficult on the RS.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;) but the yellow looks ok in the showroom, as all the shapes are enhanced by the matte finish. The new M Sport colours should make it more pleasing to the eye. I have seen a crap review of this bike yet and if I hadn’t bought a gsa, this may have been the bike for me. I do like to stand on the pegs occasionally to stretch me legs and get a bit of air through the suit on hot days, which would be a bit difficult on the RS.

Actually, it doesn't look so bad now !!

1207aa4ee816f695c8b9c555489b0210.jpg
2cf3dad4f5b778ce694e0215daaf5a77.jpg
d444245c53041f1822ba2b7a245d0ce8.jpg

What M Sport colours ?

I thought the RS only game in piss yellow,blue or black ?

The 1250 is okay. I rode a sombre blue one. Performs well but is no looker. They symmetric headlamps make it look like a UJM and nothing will look as pretty as my lupin blue RS.

My 2016 bike is so unreliable as Arsey implies. It has only gone 3.5 years and 19,000 miles without anything other than routine maintenance. BMW should give me a refund as I have not had any benefit from the warranty.

The 1250 is okay. I rode a sombre blue one. Performs well but is no looker. They symmetric headlamps make it look like a UJM and nothing will look as pretty as my lupin blue RS.

My 2016 bike is so unreliable as Arsey implies. It has only gone 3.5 years and 19,000 miles without anything other than routine maintenance. BMW should give me a refund as I have not had any benefit from the warranty.

I know my r1200rs didn't breakdown once unlike my 2 K1300Gts can I also have a refund. I have not heard any real problems with the RS on any of the forums. now I have the 1250, the sombre blue colour, if only they had kept the lupin blue, I will see how reliable it is hopefully as good as the 1200RS

Beta testers are the GS boys :hide

and we do appreciate the hours they put in on the phone to the breakdown service, sitting on the side of a road, completing their trips in a VW Polo hire car or commuting to work on a F800 loan bike whilst they wait for out of stock parts to be shipped in from China.

and we do appreciate the hours they put in on the phone to the breakdown service, sitting on the side of a road, completing their trips in a VW Polo hire car or commuting to work on a F800 loan bike whilst they wait for out of stock parts to be shipped in from China.

Glad I didn't buy a GS then as my 1250 RT has been faultless since its purchase in April, guess they must have put the crap engines in the GS or just maybe we only hear about the few that have issues out of the 1000s that are on the road.

I’ve got an old 2015 shitter just like that. 25K miles and just won’t break down (I’m fucked now) :)

Back
Top Bottom