24hours -trying not to disappoint - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So this time tomorrow, four of us setting off to Spain and Portugal.
Routes all prepared and successfully transferred onto 2 devices, a Nav VI and my Zumo 390

Last two units arrive to get the routes put on and have encountered a few hiccoughs:-

The Nav IV took an age to update, done no problem but will only import 20 routes.

But the biggest problem is that my PC running Win10 simply refuses to 'see' the last unit, a Nav VI.(nav screen changed to the PCtower piccie)

Scoured web and have switched off powermanagement to each USB hub (that got the Nav IV working)
Still not seeing the second Nav VI, lots of different and proven cables tried all to no avail.

Last thing I've read but not tried is switching the units to operate as mass storage mode rather than MTP (whatever that means)

Any help appreciated

Try: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...don-t-work-with-windows-10-anniversary-update

Try:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ik6-NMSa_0E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Switch to mass storage. If it doesn’t work, you can always switch it back again.

Can you Bluetooth routes from any of the devices to the Nav VI? It won’t update the maps but that shouldn’t matter too much

One tip: Make sure all the devices you have managed to update and install routes onto have the same preference settings. If they don’t there is a fairly good chance the routes will appear differently on each. Sometimes the differences will be quite small (ignore those) sometimes they can be very large. For example if you have a route A to B down a motorway and one of your chums has ‘avoid all motorways’ selected, the chances are his device will offer him up a route that (surprise surprise) avoids the motorway. You’ll then have to watch him wildly gesticulating that you have gone wrong. Or you’ll have to listen to him moaning that his device kept on telling him to leave the motorway at every junction, which of course it did.... or he did.

I always check my routes before I go away by simply reviewing them on the device, comparing them with what is on my computer screen. Five minutes at home is worth an hour away.

PPS Buy a Mac

I knew you’ll be up for helping Richard.
I have the routes on my 390 and that has option to share routes using memory card, may have to try that

I’ve also got the routes on google cloud storage so the owners of the recalcitrant two unit trying to tx at their gaff.

Will the nav vi the route via Bluetooth? And I assume their is a card slot somewhere on the vi? Could see one yesterday..

Its probably in the same place as the Nav V behind the battery which means taking the rear cover off to access it.
[FONT=&quot]The largest capacity microSD card for use in the BMW Navigator V and VI is a 64 GB card. The microSD must be formatted to FAT32[/FONT]1[FONT=&quot]and the software on the BMW Navigator V or VI must be up-to-date for the card to be recognized.
[/FONT]
1[FONT=&quot]It is standard practice for microSD card manufacturers to format 64 GB microSD cards to exFAT. A separate memory card reader must be used to format the card to FAT32.[/FONT]
https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=75D9SweYt44JkzLvOOWQo9

The Nav VI will send / receive routes via Bluetooth. You can also share them via an SD card but that is more of a faff.

The SD card slot is under the battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom