Spain - where to ? Must see?

GOD - DAMN I missed it ....... :D

Most years I organise a FU trip to Spain - it often goes wrong - it often works out - the normal angle of attack is

Overnight Ferry to St Malo from Portsmouth -

Day One - Down the Western Route to St Jean Pied Du Port - a lovely French town in the Pyrenees - it's around 500 miles - we are there in time to either Camp or Hotel and plenty of time for Beer and Scoff.
Day Two - Over the top heading towards Pamplona - The odd bit of the 260 - head towards Bardenas Reales or similar....
Day Three - Fuck about some more in Navarra - until around 1600 - then pick a Col ( Lots to chose from ) and head over the top early evening ) take RN roads up through France till you have had enough get a cheap Hotel - Food and Scoff and sleep.....
Day Four - Whack back up to Cherbourg and Fast Cat back to Pompey - home for tea by 20:00

I've done this 5- 6 times on an 1150 GS, a 1200GSA but mostly on an old Electra Glide......

It's fun, focused - you see great stuff - doesn't need to take forever...

in 2020 i'll be doing it again.... but will most likely add another day in.

R

Brilliant routes, thank you.

Thank you.

Happy to say that Portugal is complete:

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/450536-Portugal-7-routes-Complete

Looking at it, the OP could ‘do’ Portugal, which is like Spain, only different. He could follow these routes, joining up the gap in the middle, either by plotting his own routes or by just jumping on the main road / motorway, through Castello Blanco to Marvao.

b3eb23e7c3b283211502e28daad520e7.jpg

Ok.

So I’ve got two weeks, end of Sept. never done Spain. Don’t even know where to start ( yes yes I’ve looked at all the posts etc).

I’d really appreciate 10 day route ideas please guys, also places that are a must, mountain, regions, amazing roads etc.

My idea of a biking holiday is around 6hrs per day riding.

I’ve got the long slog from Rotterdam first so will be entering from France.

Thanks folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done a couple trips through Spain reaching the Med and across. I have the routes if you want them (GPX).

Sergovia, Avila, Ronda, Santiago de Compestla, Meridia, Granada (ride the back roads of the mountains), Cordobra are some of the places that spring to mind.

I've done a couple trips through Spain reaching the Med and across. I have the routes if you want them (GPX).

Sergovia, Avila, Ronda, Santiago de Compestla, Meridia, Granada (ride the back roads of the mountains), Cordobra are some of the places that spring to mind.

You can share them with everyone.

Host them on something like Dropbox and share the link here, please.

Personally I wouldn't discount the mountains around Catalunya and the Maestrazgo area. Maestrazgo is the least densely populated region of Spain, big mountains, amazing roads from fast sweepers to smaller twistier stuff, and you really can ride all day and only see five cars.

Personally I wouldn't discount the mountains around Catalunya and the Maestrazgo area. Maestrazgo is the least densely populated region of Spain, big mountains, amazing roads from fast sweepers to smaller twistier stuff, and you really can ride all day and only see five cars.

Five! Must have been a holiday weekend! :)

Bikes in the sheep hold on Sunday ferry ... Ill ride down next time :eek:

:beerjug:

i-45RPztk-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom