If you wanted to make a long distance trail bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do some good trail rides starting from Torque Racing at Royston. Not far from you?

Royston isn’t far but you can guarantee that the ride home after collecting it will include a couple of user friendly lanes because one of them finishes about 100 yards from our front door.

I’ve got plenty of choices around here but they’re all very short and you end up linking them together with road section which is a bit of a pain but I can’t change that so it’s just a case of making do with what I’ve got.

I’ll be picking the bike up on a Friday in 2-3 weeks with the biggest laugh being that the first service is due after 1hr of riding so I need to arrange to be there at 9am then ride around a bit then take it back for the service which apparently takes about 3hrs because they have to check the valve clearances as well as do the normal oil changes. I could do it myself but if I do that I remove any chance of a so called goodwill gesture if it goes tits up early in its life. You don’t expect a proper warranty with what’s essentially a competition bike but apparently they examine the ECU to see what the owner has been doing then make a decision based on that.

Andy,
I'm just over the hill from Royston, and most Fridays work from home.
So if you want a cuppa just give me a shout

Neil

You're on!

It’ll have to wait until spring because much to my dismay I’m going to be busy until at least the new year and I’ve experienced lying in a ditch full of icy water before and it’s not something I want to repeat.

Andy,
I'm just over the hill from Royston, and most Fridays work from home.
So if you want a cuppa just give me a shout

Neil

Thanks, I might take you up on that if I decide to explore down your way.

I might as well close this thread now I’ve gone over to the blue and white stepchild. Once I’ve got the bike and started to conversion I’ll start a thread in that other place :D

Thanks for the comments and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom