Scooters

:fridayNow back down to Earth. She has a A2 learner permet. So she passed her ibt on a 600 hornet restricted. She wants something similar. Tutor says NC 700 insurance says € 4000. Most wont quote. So down size a bit remembering she has to do test on a bike of 400 cc no way says insurance still 4000. Lady in Carole Nash says she can carry pillion with a A2 Lerner permit which is of course wrong. Also says a pre 2005 fazer would be cheaper to insure although they don’t recognise restricted bikes. So a frustrating day. I went trough a z400 still mental money mt03 no way. She can insure a ys125 for €960. Looks like that’s what going to happen unless anyone has any thoughts? Tried Liberty axa Principal Carole Nash. Pissed off now. JJH

I know nothing about insurance in the Republic.

Would a 125 scooter be cheaper to insure while building up a no-claims bonus? Honda S-wing or Suzuki Burgman are excellent.

Do you have "Pass-Plus" tests or an Advanced Test that she could take to reduce cost?

Would a Honda CG125 be cheaper to insure?

Crap situation...

Yes a Honda cg 125 would be cheaper. That’s not really a satisfactory solution. JJH

She will be cummuteing about 90 kms round trip every day. A 125 isn’t really ideal. JJH

A Suzuki Van Van or a Varadero 125 would be absolutely fine for that kind of commute, but no use for sitting her big test.

I’m looking at a varado 125 tomorrow. Just have to sort out Insurence quotes first. JJH

Varadero bought. Collecting Friday. She rode it round the garden no problem. I’m riding it home. Insurance coming next week. JJH

Bike now at home. Needs chain. Orderd. I’d like a centre stand. And better head lamp bulbs. 2x35 watts isn’t a lot. JJH

I meant to ask :blast :rolleyes:
Has Herself done the Axa or Liberty "Assessment" ?
It does reduce insewerance cost. A bit.
If not - give me a shout. I'm one of the Assessors for both schemes :thumb .

No charge. She's paying enough for everything else.
:rolleyes:

Yes thanks got that. I thought I’d responded. Sorry my mistake. I’m very grateful for your kind offer. JJH

So this is where we’re at. Got bike home last Friday. Interesting ride. 10,000 rpm most of the way on motorway. Seems a lovely genuine bike. Have chain now and Sinead got insurance yesterday. She halfheartedly rode it round the garden but isn’t chomping at the bit to get going. She was sabosed to go to Cotters today to get a few bits and pieces but didn’t. I suspect boyfriend isn’t helping. I’m in hospital all day with a client so can’t go with her. I’m due off Monday and Tuesday hopefully will bring her to cotters on Tuesday to get what she needs. I can’t physically make her get going but fell like giving her a boot in the backside and boyfriend too. It’s just excuses after excuse. I know if she gets going she will fly but confidence level is low. I had hoped that she would capitalise on her training but the way she is going is backwards. She will have NO excuse after Tuesday. I’ll keep you informed JJH

Softly softly ...

Just my opinion:
Don't push too hard.
I've seen this happen before, for various reasons (i'd love to hear the experience of other Trainers as to the cause ;)).
But the push and the motivation has to come from herself for it to work.
The method is to make it seem as if it's her own idea. :augie
Have a think on that before proceeding.

She went for a spin tonight. About 10 km. I came in about 8 and she was ready to go. We went for a loop from my place R161 round to n4 back nearly to Enfield and back around to Longwood. Bit slow to move off at junctions too high a gear once or twice too early with the indicators and once straying too near the white line. In short exactly what you would expect. My son in front and me behind. She’s working tomorrow in Maynooth and James is going to ride in on his bike as well. I think we have cracked it. JJH

A few weeks have passed and Sinead is getting along fine now. In and out of work about 65 km round trip. She got a new job and starts tomorrow still in Maynooth but in the university library. JJH

Back
Top Bottom