Recommend a pub with rooms

Nutty

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Brecon Beacons, ideally off the beaten track (no banjo music though please) couldn’t give a stuff about bike friendly, as long as there’s somewhere to hide the bikes. Needs to do decent food, not your average pub slop. And a proper breakfast.

What do you lot recommend?

Somewhere in the Brecon Beacons, ideally off the beaten track (no banjo music though please) couldn’t give a stuff about bike friendly, as long as there’s somewhere to hide the bikes. Needs to do decent food, not your average pub slop. And a proper Full Welsh breakfast with black pudding

What do you lot recommend?

Specified le brekkie just in case :D

Specified le brekkie just in case :D

Damn right! :drool

The Old Pandy Inn is pretty good. Its on the east edge of the Brecon beacons national park, with some good runs into the black mountains.

https://www.oldpandyinn.co.uk/index

Ideally we need somewhere on the West of the beacons, as we’re doing snowdonia on the first day, so are planning doing Brecon on the second day before riding home.

I know a good B&B in Llandovery? It has gated rear parking and a great 'english' (!) breakfast. The town has a couple of pubs and you're straight into biking nirvana.

(we used to stay here when we did the cambrian rally .... )

:nenau

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/th...i:dec:dm;sid=f31a6b36259a312a0f67dd04ea9bb5cd

Fully booked on our dates. :blast

Thats a shame - its a good venue .....

Stayed here in Llanwrtyd Wells https://goo.gl/maps/Z9PPFGjGFbg7fgvu6 earlier this year - great location for good roads, decent food and has its own brewery. A little tired around the edges but I'd stay there again.

Bike parking is at the front of the pub under your bedroom window.

Felin Fach Griffin

Great food, good choice of beers and excellent rooms. Secure parking possible

When are you going Nutty? I'm heading into Wales this weekend for a blast - also struggling to find accommodation. Wales would seem to be fully booked.

When are you going Nutty? I'm heading into Wales this weekend for a blast - also struggling to find accommodation. Wales would seem to be fully booked.
Where are you off to Doc?

My old favourite ... been going years.

Lion Hotel at llanbister

Ideal for the Brecon Beacons and the Elan valley and over to Devils Bridge ... mountain roads :D

No lock up for the 'bikes, but they're out of sight ... never been a problem. It's not five star, probably wouldn't make two star, but i's friendly, a warm welcome and with good food and great breakfasts :thumb

As a group we take over the place at Easter :D

:beerjug:

Next weekend. Postpone yours, and we can meet up. ;) :D

My old favourite ... been going years.

Lion Hotel at llanbister

Ideal for the Brecon Beacons and the Elan valley and over to Devils Bridge ... mountain roads :D

No lock up for the 'bikes, but they're out of sight ... never been a problem. It's not five star, probably wouldn't make two star, but i's friendly, a warm welcome and with good food and great breakfasts :thumb

As a group we take over the place at Easter :D

Cheers Micky, I’ll take a look at that. :thumb

Where are you off to Doc?

Not sure BHT - depends on where I can find accommodation but certainly the best bits of mid wales and some Snowdonia. I've got a visiting work colleague from Australia and I've promised to show him some of the UK's best biking. Only problem is, he isn't very quick:augie

Next weekend. Postpone yours, and we can meet up. ;) :D
Bring yours forward buddy - as above, I could do with some like minded bikers:) On a hired WC not that old Pyg of an 1150:)

Cheers Micky, I’ll take a look at that. :thumb

Now don't be expecting the glitz of the Ritz Nutty. It's 'old fashioned' like a time warp back to the 1950's. Family pictures on the wall, a bookcase brimming with old books (The Beano annual f'rinstance) :D
The locals are friendly ... the spices for the curries come direct from friends in India, otherwise local produce :thumb2

Now don't be expecting the glitz of the Ritz Nutty. It's 'old fashioned' like a time warp back to the 1950's. Family pictures on the wall, a bookcase brimming with old books (The Beano annual f'rinstance) :D
The locals are friendly ... the spices for the curries come direct from friends in India, otherwise local produce :thumb2

It'll be tooo 'Casa Rurale' for Nutty's tastes
Having seen him dine up here, he only does fine dining with the silver and starched while linen out

Back
Top Bottom