Xchallenge shorter side stand

sippingdiesel

Reaction score
Since swapping the airshock for a hyperpro unit a few years ago the bike sits very upright on its side stand. Am i right in thinking the xmoto and xcountry had a shorter side stand that might help. Or is there another stand that fits, Im happy to do a little fettling to shorten or lengthen one to suit,

Thanks

Mine has the X Country wheels in it and a Hyperpro shock, the Touratech side stand is fitted - with additional foot brace and larger footprint, if that is any help.

Friend has the X Country side stand on his X Challenge after fitting a Wilbers rear shock. Works well as he had the same problem as you have with the bike being to upright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question on the same lines... I have an x challenge at home in the uk that I bought standard and it had an aluminium side stand. I’ve just bought another (sucker!) whilst I’m in the states for work, that has been modified ( different shock seat etc) that has a steel side stand. Is this one off the xcountry and therefore a bit shorter? It feels shorter. Cheers.
Karl.

Another question on the same lines... I have an x challenge at home in the uk that I bought standard and it had an aluminium side stand. I’ve just bought another (sucker!) whilst I’m in the states for work, that has been modified ( different shock seat etc) that has a steel side stand. Is this one off the xcountry and therefore a bit shorter? It feels shorter. Cheers.
Karl.

Sounds like it. The Challenge had a round foot on the end. If that helps you ID them.

With a steel stand it's quite simple to make them adjustable like this one on my 950 :)

Attachments

• 20180829_141101-01.jpg
    20180829_141101-01.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 93

Back
Top Bottom