Extended Hand Guards

BigAl&Andri

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone care to share their experience of extended hand guards?

What’s your recommendations?

Are you intending riding off road? if so Barkbusters are the way to go. If you don't want to pay a fortune then I've had these on both my Gs's, the only downside is you have to drill a small 5mm hole in the originals so if you sell the bike it's best to leave them on. They offer good protection against the elements but some other options are bigger, but more expensive

https://www.nippynormans.com/tourat...200gs-lc-2017-on-r1200gs-lc-adventure-2014-on

I have the excellent Givi “smoked glass style” extenders that fit behind the OEM handguards, I took them off my 1200 GSA and plan to fit them to the 1250. They keep more water away from your gloves, probably useless off road.

Attachments

• 9C5BDC6C-4BF6-42B6-A563-7C209DD8F310.jpg
    9C5BDC6C-4BF6-42B6-A563-7C209DD8F310.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 474
As above, if off road then barkbusters. Otherwise I still think these, whilst pricey, are hard to beat for style and flexibility https://www.nippynormans.com/news/cool-handguards-from-machineart

I have those fitted to my GSA and they are fantastic, great in summer when you open them up and very protective in winter.

They’ve also survived unscathed after an off in gravel earlier this year.

Pricey but worth it imho for the flexibility in use and you can move them to another GS when the time comes or another bike with an alternate fitting kit.

I have the excellent Givi “smoked glass style” extenders that fit behind the OEM handguards, I took them off my 1200 GSA and plan to fit them to the 1250. They keep more water away from your gloves, probably useless off road.

Had these on the last two bikes.
Easy to fit and keep the weather off a bit more. If you do a lot of hot weather riding take them off for a bit of extra cooling air.

Thanks for all your comments. I don't go off road so will probably go for the MachineArt option (after swallowing hard at the price)!

Al

Had these on the last two bikes.
Easy to fit and keep the weather off a bit more. If you do a lot of hot weather riding take them off for a bit of extra cooling air.

+1 and you can also stick your Swiss vignettes and Austrian on them inside , so if you need to change screen no problem at all, winter ADV screen, summer Rallye screen etc.

Thanks for all your comments. I don't go off road so will probably go for the MachineArt option (after swallowing hard at the price)!

Al

They don't look as good as the Givi ones.
Sometimes the tart in you has to come to the fore.

They don't look as good as the Givi ones.
Sometimes the tart in you has to come to the fore.

I they don’t look as good as the givi, they look waaaaaay better

c52b14ad3f6a1a8f41063390950ae4d7.jpg

Clear handguards are the clear heels of motorcycle accessories, and they are only worn by strippers

Rain or cold, raise the spoiler

Normal weather, drop the spoiler

Hot weather, pop the grey inserts out for air flow.

But, we are all different, well almost, as every second fecking bike on the road is a GS LC or 1290

The givis are discreet.

Clear handguards are the clear heals of motorcycle accessories, and they are only worn by strippers

Rain or cold, raise the spoiler

Normal weather, drop the spoiler

Hot weather, pop the grey inserts out for air flow.

But, we are all different, well almost, as every second fecking bike on the road is a GS LC or 1290

The givis are discreet.

The Givis, are shite cheap plastic, and only useful for the vignettes, reason I bought them and cheap, and as I swap screens often so does the job, but the machineart are the best and way better, you are correct sir, right im of to the strippers corner. :D

Fluffmeister

They look even better if you replace the grey original inserts with black ones...IMHO
Love my MacArt handguards... they were on my ‘16 1200....now on my ‘19 1250

TMF has those on his GS.... just saying :jes:jes:jes

Back
Top Bottom