Alps Greatest Hits Tour......

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hot on the heels of SE Rider and co, I’m setting off tomorrow on a ten night trip.

For the last three years I’ve gone to Asturias/Picos/Portugal in mid September but I pulled out of this year’s trip some months ago when it was confirmed that this forum’s favourite racist would be in attendance .

So Plan B-head to the Alps and combine my favourite bits from the last five years or so of various trips.So roughly that equates to most of the Route Des Grandes Alpes followed by some of the Route Napoleon and then a blast up and over the Col de Rousset to ride the Combe Laval/Vercors.....then a dash via back roads, and Rider’s Rest to my place in Brittany .

First off will be two nights in Brittany so I can attend this on Saturday :

2883320be3a353bc585763c01ebeed41.jpg

The steed of choice will be the Sedate Sports Tourer.

Evskij is joining me for three nights in the middle.

Here he is practising :

844983a704b1757c148b779f1f5273d1.jpg

There may be a few pics as I/we go.There will be very few food pics (sorry Nutty) and there will be no pics of anybody’s dress code (sorry passport-less grammar nazi).

So the usual boring shite.

I might even try get some pics sideways/upside down, as is the fashion.

Ev can eat such shite .I’ll be eating normally.

Oi! One of my 5 a day..... keeps that doctor away you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot on the heels of SE Rider and co, I’m setting off tomorrow on a ten night trip.

For the last three years I’ve gone to Asturias/Picos/Portugal in mid September but I pulled out of this year’s trip some months ago when it was confirmed that this forum’s favourite racist would be in attendance .

So Plan B-head to the Alps and combine my favourite bits from the last five years or so of various trips.So roughly that equates to most of the Route Des Grandes Alpes followed by some of the Route Napoleon and then a blast up and over the Col de Rousset to ride the Combe Laval/Vercors.....then a dash via back roads, and Rider’s Rest to my place in Brittany .

First off will be two nights in Brittany so I can attend this on Saturday :

2883320be3a353bc585763c01ebeed41.jpg

The steed of choice will be the Sedate Sports Tourer.

Evskij is joining me for three nights in the middle.

Here he is practising :

844983a704b1757c148b779f1f5273d1.jpg

There may be a few pics as I/we go.There will be very few food pics (sorry Nutty) and there will be no pics of anybody’s dress code (sorry passport-less grammar nazi).

So the usual boring shite.

I might even try get some pics sideways/upside down, as is the fashion.

Love it! Looking forward to this.

Weather forecast looking not to shabby too. So pack up and so on tomorrow, wash and check over the awesome steed on Saturday. On Sunday have a listen to some live music, few drinks in the park and piss of to the land of Frogs on Monday morning. By Tuesday night I shall be in OP’s company for a few days, then to the random adventure of my own.

Can’t promise any pictures of trip reports, but will do my best to make an effort if I could be asked. You have been warned.

Enjoy, not long back myself, the day after we got in to southern Germany we learnt all the passes around Switzerland/Stelvio were closed due to snow :eek: but apparently the weather has picked up again.

M’off

1cc2f4aa1973dc6c4e75ac6f247ff5c1.jpg

Actually packed quite light for 10 nights .

Clothes in one pannier.
Wash kit ,shoes and fleece in the other.
Camera and chain lube in tail pack .
Wallet , sunglasses and other shite in tank bag.

M’off

1cc2f4aa1973dc6c4e75ac6f247ff5c1.jpg

Actually packed quite light for 10 nights .

Clothes in one pannier.
Wash kit ,shoes and fleece in the other.
Camera and chain lube in tail pack .
Wallet , sunglasses and other shite in tank bag.

That is a lovely looking motorcycle.

Christ Arsey, how many bikes have you got? I've lost track . That looks lovely. Looking forward to your travel tales.. :thumb2

We've just got back from RDGA and Route Napoleon. Thanks to you and Humvee for your help/tips. That Cafe Hallte 2000! Wow, what a location and what a fit proprietor.! .....and all the time, all the awesome riders were hooning past, just above our heads, oblivious to what they were missing.

Have a good un

Christ Arsey, how many bikes have you got? I've lost track . That looks lovely. Looking forward to your travel tales.. :thumb2

We've just got back from RDGA and Route Napoleon. Thanks to you and Humvee for your help/tips. That Cafe Hallte 2000! Wow, what a location and what a fit proprietor.! .....and all the time, all the awesome riders were hooning past, just above our heads, oblivious to what they were missing.

Have a good un

Just the 6.

I’ve had the Kwak since June 2018 and used it on my Asturias trip this time last year .

Yes it’s a great cafe and she is very cute.
Won’t be going that way this year as we’re taking the west loop to cut across to Castellane via Col de la Cayolle.

Have a guddun Martin ... full report please with plenty photo's of food and bier :D

:beerjug:

Bon voyage....a veggie & a carnivore...what could possibly go wrong ;)

not allot I suppose, it will probably prevent the old fashioned “can I try one of those please, that looks so good”

Back
Top Bottom