Alps Holiday Video

David-1995

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All

We did are usual 2 week bike holiday on our BMW R1200GSA to Europe this year

This year to the Alps, going down through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and of course France

One of my mates filmed a fair bit of it and i thought some of you might be interested in seeing it, either just for interest or even to use for research for your own trip

All the hotels are listed and the routes we used

I realise this trip is fairly tame compared with some of the stuff on here but it’s something we can all do fairly easily

The video is on YouTube and the link is https://youtu.be/i7NNvT4tjDg?t=4

(you may have to reset it to the start position)

Alternatively you can search YOUTUBE for , PJY Motorcycling you are looking for 'Alps With Attitude' motorcycle tour - Episode One

It is all shot in HD so looks great on a TV if you have a smart TV

I am sure Paul who shot it would be delighted if you could Like or Subscribe to his videos which would help his YOUTUBE rankings

Safe riding

David & Vivien

Not tame at all mate.

Anything that involves hearing a bike go down off a ferry ramp is an adventure.

Thanks, I'll look on big screen when home

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Alps Video

Thanks S92GS

Hope you enjoy it apart from the scenery which makes me want to go and do it again straight away the Music works well i feel

Anyway, safe riding a great day to day Sunday 15th to get out on the bike the weather is pretty well perfect down here in Wiltshire

David & Vivien

Just watched first 20 minutes, looks like a very well put together ride report, will enjoy the rest later on with a couple of beers. Thanks for posting

Hi Cabby

Glad you like the video

Yes it is the same video, Paul who shot it spends hundreds of hours putting it together as a hobby, and i thought it would be nice to share it

If you go to his YouTube channel PJY Motorcycling there are several others covering different areas in Europe, Norther Spain, Greece etc

If you look at the earliest to the latest video you will see how he is getting better at putting them together

I especially like watching them in the winter which reminds you why we ride bikes and gives you something to look forward to for the spring

Cheers

David

Nice one David .. that was a great bit of vid .. not watched it all .. but flicked through most of it. Lovely scenery and as others have said its nice to see all that as these winter nights draw in .. just to remind us of whats out there !
Hotels booked in advance or just rock up ?
Thanks for posting :beerjug:

Just watched this first episode catching up on all the trip reports here.
Very nicely put together.
Never done a trip with a War Memorial theme or ever visited a war site, but last year on way home by chance ended up in the aea of WW1 Argonne Muese conflict . Not far from where you visited the Verdun Ossuary. Moving experience.
Will be watching part two later tonight

Hi Rusty

Just found your post, yes we booked all the hotels in advance, i know some people like to just ride until they stop but we prefer to know where we staying

I have done the just go as far as you can, but in the past if you use something like hotels booking.com, you end up with just the shit hostels and the really expensive rooms left and none of the normal middle of the road stuff , we ended up paying £150 to stay in an Ibis in Reims a couple of years ago, we had already rode 500 miles up from Italy it was 8pm, 3 mid range hotels in a row all wanted £150 a night.

This year not sure what we are going to do hopefully things might have cleared up by September and might get somewhere like Spain/Picos or southern France/Alps is really easy

Safe riding

Watched it briefly and will watch it again when home.

Really enjoyed it.

:thumb

I'm loving this. Its top quality. I might nick the routes when I get a chance to run down to the eagles nest and back. It's the last place on the Band of Brothers European section left for me to do.

Back
Top Bottom