A pretty decent 16 day tour of Spain and Portugal

Wapping

Reaction score
From the latest edition of the German magazine, Motorrad Reisen.

Reasonably easy to recreate from the magazine’s drawing and a half decent regional map of Spain.

ddcbb45306bbcc10585ad61a310d57ee.jpg

5e40a879db6892dbf4901bec38e130e4.jpg

Or you can register (for free) via the magazine’s website and buy the GPS route as a download for two euro. I don’t speak a word of German but with a little guesswork and help from Google / Google Translate I managed to register and find my way to the downloads page, so it can’t be that hard.

Fly to Malaga, hire a bike perhaps? Job done. This thread and others like it, might give some ideas: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/453794-Bike-rental-Southern-Spain?highlight=Malaga found by just typing Malaga into the site’s search function.

PS Any German speakers out there who can tell me what the letters N.P. stand for on the route drawing, please. I am guessing it’s something about the road’s quality or type of road. I’m also guessing it’s German. It might be abbreviated Spanish? Anyway, anyone know? Thank you.

00ba4c5ac8c82760199b19e5646d65be.jpg

PS Any German speakers out there who can tell me what the letters N.P. stand for on the route drawing, please. I am guessing it’s something about the road’s quality or type of road. I’m also guessing it’s German. It might be abbreviated Spanish? Anyway, anyone know? Thank you.

It's probably the German translation of the Spanish 'Parque Natural', which in German is 'Naturpark'.

Might go and have a look at some of that this next two weeks ... thanks :thumb2

:beerjug:

That sounds like a decent enough plan.

It’s what I hope might happen when I ping the suggestions up. By and large, the German and French touring magazines come up with some pretty good ideas on their pages. If nothing else, they are worth a go.

Very nice route.
Done most of it on two separate trips (one on the bike, one by car).

Throw Ronda in the mix. Well worth a visit, and amazing roads around it.
Seems like the route goes near it but I cannot see it as listed.

Fly to Malaga, hire a bike perhaps?

Not too far (about 1 day quick transfer from port) taking the ferry to Bilbao.

Very nice route.
Done most of it on two separate trips (one on the bike, one by car).

Throw Ronda in the mix. Well worth a visit, and amazing roads around it.
Seems like the route goes near it but I cannot see it as listed.

M'in Ronda next weekend for a wedding ... hope to have a look see at those roads :D

:beerjug:

Some of those are a bit small/narrow though:

ronda_roads.jpg

I agree the road from Atajate to Montejaque is a fabulous road, and one of my favorites, but I would go, assuming you are leaving from Ronda, take the A369 to Atajate then follow your route to Montejaque ,then when you reach Montejaque go the MA 8403 to the A374 turn left for Sevilla, then after only half a kilometre, take the left turn for Grazalema, when you enter the village, you will see a bronze bull on your left, then park in the car park immediately on your left. Coffee time, breakfast/ lunch what ever. When you leave, just left out of the car park follow the road through the village, then you will start climbing for about 1 or 2 Kilometres, then take a right to Zahara de la Sierra. Still climbing there are some fabulous views to your right and you can pull in at the top for photos ect. Then on the way down to Zahara that road is featured in Ride Magazine, you get some great views of the turquoise lake, it really is turquoise. All this is IMHO is a fabulous ride. Eagles and Vultures abound, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom