What to see between Liverpool and West Witton

B Murr

Reaction score
Planning a trip to visit an old friend, picking up a car in Liverpool airport and heading in direction of west witton ,wanting to see if any interesting bike museums, craft beer brewerys etc etc along the way. Any reccomenmdations?

Have a day in Liverpool, we've just taken a couple of American friends around the city, there's plenty to see. They loved it.

I went there last year to visit my alloy wheels.

is this West Witton near leyburn your talking off ? if so you could easily pick out some superb roads to drive on. Head towards Settle, pick up the road to Horton in Ribblesdale, you pass the Railway Viaduct. Then turn right towards Hawes, proper bikers mecca, from here head East towards Leyburn

While in Liverpool, theres lands of things to do or see. The new Liver building tour is very good. The Beatles Museum, the Albert dock, the Cathedral, etc etc. Have a great trip

Cheers for suggestions there, should be a nice little trip. Would love to be doing it on the bike but for a few reasons it's ended up this way.

Ah, so much to see with so little time. Liverpool has loads to offer with all of its history. Took in the Maritime museum and the Liverpool Museum which has a great John Lennon exhibition on at the moment. I love all the decayed docks which includes the tobacco warehouse, I'd say the smells were divine back in its heyday. Even in this off season Hawes looked busy. Got nice quiet lunch ( lamb shoulder falling off the bone followed by Ginger Sponge Pudding ) with nice craft beer :beer: at an idyllic spot near a river in the cosy 'Cover Bridge Inn' near East Witton, if I were biking through the area I'd be heading straight there every time. Looks like there will be a big bicycle race in area next weekend, should be quite the spectacle.

Attachments

• Liverpool.jpg
    Liverpool.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 147
Cover Bridge is a nice spot
Try West Burton too next time - fab pub on the Green there

We spent a fascinating few hours visiting the Western Approaches museum in Exchange Flags, just a short walk from the Mersey Ferry terminal near the Liver Building . The maze of rooms and facilities have been preserved as they were on VE Day 1945. Then it was back on the ferry to the Woodside terminal to wander round the U-534 display (German submarine raised from the Baltic Sea a few years ago)

An unmissable day out if you are a visitor or even a jaded resident of the North West

ps- don’t forget to take your OAP bus pass for deep discounts to both sites

Back
Top Bottom