Advice Needed - Adventure Boots

Welcome to the group, I’ve had the Forma Adventure boots for several months now, they are not as heavy & clumpy as they look and are fairly comfy with good waterproofing and excellent protection. I wouldn’t go dancing in them though!

Hired some Forma boots at the Triumph Adventure weekend last weekend and they were great, warm, comfy and waterproof. If an off-road adventure centre use them (they also use Alpinestars boots with Triumph branding).

Sizing was slightly out, as Im normally a 10, and the size they had was 10.5, but nothing a pair of socks couldn't sort.

RBW.

I've had a pair for about 18 mths. Comfy, waterproof and appear well made. I'd buy again if they were worn out.

I've had a pair for a couple of years now, very happy with them. Good compromise between protection and comfort.

Mark

Hi I've got the low forma boots and think there brilliant, very comfy, waterproof and feel safe.

Only down side for me, was they were okay on the GS but tried once on the XR and couldn't change gear, not really boots for a sports type bike. You're best trying them if you can on your bike, otherwise you may regret buying them.

35,000 miles Covered in a pair great boots. It's hit and miss whether they leak or not. Mine did at motorway speeds easily fixed with candle wax in the threads warmed with a hair dryer.

I have some BMW Gravel Boots - got them at a good price this time last year from Chester Motorrad. They have been great - warm in winter, not too hot in summer. Good grip and easy to get on/off. Fully waterproof too.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/wear/ride/gravel-boot.html

I have had 3 pairs of Gravel boots over the years, first had to be replaced because they leaked, second then failed on the front ‘flexi’ bit after about 3 years daily use. Recently got my third pair, we’ll see how they go - they are a very nice comfortable boot though.

The toughest Ive had so far are my Sidi Adventure Goretex, excellent boot, pretty comfortable off the bike, but you have to put up with the Sidi squeak :) Don’t go for the BMW brown adventure type boot because they are not up to everyday use, once a week maybe, but the front collapses very quickly with constant gear changing, however they do look cool and are very comfortable.

I got Forma low - superb, absolutely love them. Can't take a bit of adjusting to shifting gear but wouldn't buy anything else now £154 from Sportsbike Shop :)

I’ve got the Klim low, very comfy I can wear them on the 4 hour ride into work and then for the rest of the day with jeans no problem.

Down side is they are quite chunky and quite expensive

I had BMW gravel boots for 5 years and over 20,000 miles daily use. They still look and feel great but Gortex liner has given up. I replaced them with a pair of Alpinestars Toucan boots which are very comfy and well made. They are very stiff still and I do often revert to my Gravel boots if I know it won't rain.

Hi. Welcome.

Arrrh….the eternal search for comfy boots....I must have personally tried hundreds!

If its any help, I couldn't get on the the adventure style boots with the two or three buckle system. Nothing inherently wrong with them. Much more knowledgeable people than me advised me the strap/buckle system was the safest and best. For me, I couldn't make them comfortable.

I then tried the Revit Discovery boot. It has the different system, sometimes called a "boa". which is like the ones used on ski boots - not that I've ever been ski-ing - and also used on cycling shoes which I do a lot. The worked for me. Comfy, manageable, light enough, but good protection where I don't smash me shin on the Boxer engine moving my leg to stretch it.

Have butchers, give 'em try.

Ride safe, Chris

Hi all, first post here. I've had a few years away from biking and just bought a lowered F700GS. I'm after a set of adventure boots and thinking about buying the Forma ones that get good ratings in this review: https://bikerrated.com/gear/boots/best-adventure-motorcycle-boots/ - I've not heard of Forma before have any of you got any experience of them?

Depends what you want "adventure" boots for. If you want them for road riding and looking tough, any of the boots mentioned will do the job.

If you actually want to ride in them with a reasonable amount of gravel or off-road, hardly any of them will do the job - especially when the inevitable happens.

If you intend to be off road much, you need a boot as close to a motocross boot as you can tolerate. Having done a fair bit of homework before choosing for my London-Beijing ride, I'd say only Sidi Adventure or Alpinestars Toucan really measure up. The Forma boot is comfortable but just isn't tough enough in a nasty fall and two of the three guys wearing them on our trip were spending on big bottles of superglue before we were even half way.

As always, everybody will have an opinion - it just depends on what you actually need...

I looked at the Forma ones, but in the end went for Aplinestars Belize. Seemed much better value, and (IMHO) better protection:
alpinestars_boots_belize_drystar_oiled_black-brown.jpg

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/304736
Had mine a year - very happy so far...not leaked yet

I'm not doing full off-road adventure stuff and was mostly looking for a boot that would give decent protection, not boil my feet, be comfy when strolling about off the bike and not cost the earth.

After reading plenty of reviews and a few YT videos I settled on the low version of the Forma Adventure boot. It has not disappointed at all. Fully waterproof, really comfy, easy to pop on and off and have a nice solid feel to them. Like I said, if you're looking for a full-on off road boot these aren't for you, but if your criteria are similar to mine, definitely give them a look. Best price I could find for them was with FC-Moto at €167. Sizing wise, I went for the same size as my normal shoe (11UK/46EU).

HTH.

Back
Top Bottom