Aircraft scanner recommendations please

Dave56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I regularly visit both military and civil airfields while out on the bike, I’ve decided to invest in a hand held aircraft scanner.
I have started looking online but am totally bamboozled by how many are available, and I also noticed that some won’t pick up military channels.
I currently have absolutely no knowledge of such devices so was just wondering if anyone with experience of such items could recommend any particular model.
I am looking at spending around £100 maximum but I’ve noticed that there are many well below this amount, are they any good. :nenau
I would be most grateful for any help and advice.

Uniden 125xlt
Hard to beat without spending a lot. I have one but will be advertising it shortly as I no longer use it.

I acquired a Uniden UBC3500XLT from this forum.

Lots of functionality.

But a real devil to get to grips with.

From a scanner forum I found a much more user-friendly handbook that got me started.

To quote line one from web manual "the manual is like trying to set a watch made in China. My biggest gripe is that is doesn't follow the menu of the radio. So, I have written this manual for myself so I can actually use the scanner and will share it with you."

http://marksscanners.com/3500/3500.shtml

Back
Top Bottom