Sena vs Cardo

Who are you going to be talking to? What systems are they using? I don’t believe that inter-make comms are as good as they might have you believe. Why not get a cheaper, used Cardo G9 - see what you think?

I’m still using my 10yr old Cardo G4, albeit it only gets used on hols, once or twice a year - still holds a charge all day on open-mic comms.

I'm using an original Packtalk, been faultless since its launch. Great bike to bike etc. But I'm sure Sena have their fans as well. I did upgrade my speakers, but now you can get the JBL ones with the Packtalk. I ride all year around and use it weekly.

Who are you going to be talking to? What systems are they using? I don’t believe that inter-make comms are as good as they might have you believe. Why not get a cheaper, used Cardo G9 - see what you think?

I’m still using my 10yr old Cardo G4, albeit it only gets used on hols, once or twice a year - still holds a charge all day on open-mic comms.

They are using Sena 20s i think. Ive just bought a new Shark lid and wanted something to fit to that and i will leave my SMH10 on my Shoei.

I had a Sena SMH5 .. and upgraded to a 30K

Looked at the Packtalk, and was very tempted, the only thing that let it down, was the robustness of the fixing system to the bracket

The Sena, whilts having all the whistles and bells, isnt that much of a show stopper than it should be ..

The always listening mike, gets confused by background noise and will keep trying to phone ubuntustania or whatever number it can make from wind noise ;)

or it tells me the intercom has failed to connect every 5 seconds when the wind is blowing !

Battery life is better though

My SMH 10 seems to work just fine. Was out last weekend with another two bikermates who have to 20s and my unit worked flawlessly compared to one of thiers that kept disconecting all the time. Was tempted to go to 30k but at around £225 was an expensive option compared to just buying an extra clamp for the 10 .

Group of mates I ride with nd we had Sena 10, then the limit of 4 units became a problem so we went to Packtalk Bold. Links and relinks really well.

Apart from that I reckon they are well behind Sena in terms of range, which is frankly the most important bit for me. Really disappointed with the Carlos tbh

Group of mates I ride with nd we had Sena 10, then the limit of 4 units became a problem so we went to Packtalk Bold. Links and relinks really well.

Apart from that I reckon they are well behind Sena in terms of range, which is frankly the most important bit for me. Really disappointed with the Carlos tbh

I've had no issues with range in DMC mode. Been really pleased

I never ride in big groupd so that wont effect me. Im using it because i've just dug out my gopro and it has the SENA bluetooth unit on the camera, so i can record the audio from my SMH directly onto the gopro as i ride. Probably a waste of time in some eyes but hey ho there ya go :D

If you want to use it with the TFT Connectivity, make sure its BT 4 or higher. I had a Cardo Q3 and had to buy the Sena 30k for it all to work.

If you want to use it with the TFT Connectivity, make sure its BT 4 or higher. I had a Cardo Q3 and had to buy the Sena 30k for it all to work.

I doubt i will connect to the TFT, i cant really see any reason for doing so. But i may upgrade to the 30K we will see how this works out.

You cant see any reason to connect ?
Make and receive calls. Listen to your favourite music ( Chesney Hawkes)
Get voice prompts from the sexy bmw girl whilst navigating...
Get road speeds on your dash.
Theres a few reasons ?

You cant see any reason to connect ?
Make and receive calls. Listen to your favourite music ( Chesney Hawkes)
Get voice prompts from the sexy bmw girl whilst navigating...
Get road speeds on your dash.
Theres a few reasons ?

I get the calls on my iphone via my sena, and the speeds on my nav6 as for the sexy bmw girl, shes probably a boxhead, and i dont listen to music and if i did i can do it from my phone via itunes :comfort:augie:D

It depends on what u want to do.?
I've got a Sena SRL, its great for the Neotec 2 as its intergrated.Other than that I dont rate it.
Support is rubbish I've had numerous conversations with a Sena rep online to no avail,even ringing the US.
If I was buying again it would be Pactalk

I get the calls on my iphone via my sena, and the speeds on my nav6 as for the sexy bmw girl, shes probably a boxhead, and i dont listen to music and if i did i can do it from my phone via itunes :comfort:augie:D
IMHO you're missing the point of it.

Back
Top Bottom