2019 Moto Guzzi V85TT Review

:blast. That looks errr.....................of no use what so ever! :D

:blast. That looks errr.....................of no use what so ever! :D

Yeah because it’s clearly nothing like that wonderful thing that BMW put on the back of their bikes :augie

It looks like it should ‘plug’ the gap between belly pan and the bottom of the mudguard. The front engine cover is extremely vulnerable in standard trim I would’ve that this would help .

Mate of mine lent Pyramid plastics his bike for development of this part. It does work fairly well and keeps the vulnerable front casing from being shotblasted. Price is crazy though. £74 I think.

Yes re the hugger. I bought the Capanord mudguard but didn’t end up fitting it. Very practical but too big and didn’t like the look. I bought the Pyramid and it looks good and does the job of protecting the front of the engine from being shot blasted

Still loving the bike :okay

I closed the thread in the for sale section, but will carry on with my thoughts on Extras here.

Here's what's on mine

Front casing protection....absolutely essential, personally I've gone for the Capanord mudguard with extender, the extender is a must.

Hanguards.... again I've gone for the Capanord handguards. They work much better than the OEM offering greater weather protection. They do need a small extension bracket making to fit perfectly.

Heated grips.... OEM work fairly well and I use grip puppies. Another advantage is, the throttle return spring is much lighter on the heated grips, the spring on the standard grips is rather strong.

Screen....The standard screen is good on a dry day in the summer, not so good when it's chucking it down and cold. I originally went with the OEM touring screen, looks ok, effective against cold and rain, but for me caused a lot of buffeting. I'm 5'10 with a long body and short 29" inside leg. I settled on an ERMAX slight tint screen, not quite as effective as the OEM touring, but much better than the short screen, causes very little buffeting. I think it looks bloody great as well

Exhaust.... QD exhaust and Y piece, well made, looks good, sounds good and saves a ton of weight. Has a removable baffle, but I'm too old for that these days.

Engine guards....maybe not essential, but you never know.

Centre stand....Essential for me to be able to turn the bike in my workshop. A little tip, get the dealer to fit, the springs are a bugger to get on.

Tubeless conversion....Can't imagine trying to change a tube at the side of the road and don't want to sit for 3hrs waiting for recovery. Easy to do with the 3M stuff. Cleanliness and patience are the key. Watch when removing the rear wheel, it's easy to scratch the paintwork. (PM me if you want any more info, I've done it 3 times now on different bikes)

Louder horn...needs no explanation.

Luggage... I've gone for the OEM panniers and a 30ltr Givi Trekker top box. I prefer the shorter depth of the 30ltr box, looks much better in my opinion and I don't need to put a helmet in it, plus it's black, I'm not a lover of silver. Small Hepco and Becker tank bag, goes on the ring fastener thing. I also have a 20ltr Give bag designed to fasten to the topbox.

Fog lamps....again not necessary, but I've found them useful on a couple of occasions.

Sat nav mount...made out of 20mmx2mm alloy bar, sprayed black, looks good works great, cost £2.49.

Rear slash guard...Adapted from a Honda 700, works well.

I've also painted the exhaust protectors and belly pan black. I think it looks miles better, did I say I didn't like silver.

I just can't see me not having a V85 in my life, it really is a great bike.

Quirky looking aren’t they

Is it true that the power is 80hp?

But I guess there is a lot of torque

I looked at the Moto Corsa demo in wildest Wiltshire last year it was on the forecourt out front .The front of the engine was caked up fully with mud and debris the rest wasn’t too bad. Wasn’t that impressed with its presentation. Or being ignored by the salesman in the showroom whilst looking round on the way to and from the Cafe .The Cafe was ok though.
I still have the bike on my possibility’s list it’s good to know the capanord parts fit to solve the pebbledashing. Also great to have a dealer over in Chichester much closer to home.
Real world riding with character it appeals must arrange a test ride after lockdown.

Quirky looking aren’t they

Is it true that the power is 80hp?

But I guess there is a lot of torque

I rather like the looks, well I bought two, so I must. I put a refundable deposit down as soon as I saw them.

Correct 80bhp delivered at 7.750 rpm and 80 NM torque delivered at 5000rpm. It really is a lovely simplistic motor, bit like me really.

I think they look great. Our local dealer in Northern Ireland, Wes McCrum said he sold 24 this year and couldn’t get enough at one stage. That is good going for a new product. And don’t hear any reliability issues. I like this special. Red bodywork and red frame.
74f0e01bfb82b37bf39398b3ba027fb0.jpg

e69d9cfa30585e50c7238aa9002f1de7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this exhaust. One of the very few that run parallel to the frame!!!
35b30528b7a7f32a72b70fa5b78cdc4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is this the longer mudguard as per the Caponaord Rally or the shorter standard one which was fitted to the earlier caponords prior to the Rally. Just asking as I want to get the Pyramid fender extender on there too and I have heard it only fits one of the mudguards but not sure which one. Conflicting info on the internet, so could anyone clarify this please with the part number I need if possible.

Many tnanks

Your wish is my command.. :aidan

And all information needed to get one..

www.motorcyclespareparts.eu

Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally 2016

Colchester Kawasaki offering pre reg V85 TT at £8999

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201122-002639.jpg
    Screenshot_20201122-002639.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 846
You as a fast road rider on a fast bike

You must be mellowing a bit now, with that comment

Definitely mellowing a bit these days Johnny. I'm 65 in two weeks time, eyesight's not what it was, strength's not what it was, reaction time not what it was, but my enthusiasm for riding motorcycles remains the same as it was when I was 15. I just love riding my bikes.

I've come to realise, that I actually prefer using 90% of a bikes power for 80% of the time, rather than 70% of the bikes power for 40% of the time. It's much more engaging and a heap more fun, and still pretty quick.:green gri

Back
Top Bottom