2019 Moto Guzzi V85TT Review

Givi Nav Mount

Hi harry

I used a Givi Sat Nav mount and then a bmw plastic clamp to fasten the Nav to the cross bar of the givi bracket

Attachments

• 28B204EB-0F2F-4CDA-92D8-083DD036F635.jpg
    28B204EB-0F2F-4CDA-92D8-083DD036F635.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 605
  • 4173AA6C-B7CB-4E49-830F-F6ACA083E1AF.jpg
    4173AA6C-B7CB-4E49-830F-F6ACA083E1AF.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 596
  • F91D1E0F-83B7-4A49-8E58-D98FA398DE30.jpg
    F91D1E0F-83B7-4A49-8E58-D98FA398DE30.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 593
Just a question John, wondering where the power for your nav comes from, is it the Dash USB ?
Is there a spare power port to which the nav can be wired at the front of the bike BMW fashion ?
I have heard there is one under the seat for which you can connect a genuine Guzzi USB and cable, but want to reserve this one for a 12V socket, but not sure if it will take that load. Also want to wire in some additonal lights so wonder if there is a plug somewhere that the Guzzi spots go into that I could utilise, even better if the original switch gear could switch them.

Also tried to get the Givi nav mount from a UK supplier, FB8203 but have been told it is not in the uK catalogue. Seems details are on their italian website bit not the UK one. Feabay me thinks.

Just a question John, wondering where the power for your nav comes from, is it the Dash USB ?
Is there a spare power port to which the nav can be wired at the front of the bike BMW fashion ?
I have heard there is one under the seat for which you can connect a genuine Guzzi USB and cable, but want to reserve this one for a 12V socket, but not sure if it will take that load. Also want to wire in some additonal lights so wonder if there is a plug somewhere that the Guzzi spots go into that I could utilise, even better if the original switch gear could switch them.

Also tried to get the Givi nav mount from a UK supplier, FB8203 but have been told it is not in the uK catalogue. Seems details are on their italian website bit not the UK one. Feabay me thinks.

I just tapped into the USB port for my nav. The whole socket pops out of the dash, take the nav cables through the back of the dash and tap into the wiring. Much easier if you do a bit of dismantling first. Makes a very neat job.
There is a connector for the auxiliary lights. it's located behind the triangular black plastic cover just below the front of the tank, left side.

Actually, the small triangular piece of plastic is quite a bit bigger than it appears, but is hidden by the tank panel. The whole job is much easier if you remove the nearside tank panel, this is made easier by lifting the tank at the back as there is one retaining bolt, just above the rocker cover, that is a bit of a pig to get to. Plus almost the entire dash needs to be dismantled. It took me a good couple of hours to fit my OEM lights,

Hi Gsite......I just took mine direct to the battery. Fed the cable from headstock under tank to battery and was easy. It doesn’t turn off when I turn the ignition off but generally I take the Nav off for security so power drain is not an issue

Got my givi mounting bracket off eBay just under £40. There was a used one the other day for £20 might still be on

Thanks John, think I will also power the nav from the battery direct as seems the most simple (and cheapest) and will keep my eyes peeled for the Givi bracket. Seems you are enjoying the bike, can't wait for mine to arrive any day now.

Harry

Yes bike needs a clean all over...riding it a lot more than any other bike and in lots of weathers. It’s fun. I only work part time now so more riding and enjoying life....probably why I bought the guzzi cos I am more relaxed and enjoy looking at life and countryside. Roll on some European rides next year

Attachments

• IMG_3188.jpg
    IMG_3188.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 373
V85

Just bought one, love it proper old school feel.

Need to add some items.

But day one new bike drama, ripped the seat with my non mc boots. Gutted.
The wee hump bit.

Love the build quality of it.

Paddy

Attachments

• 675ABCDF-8637-4A08-A54F-30940D62157E.jpg
    675ABCDF-8637-4A08-A54F-30940D62157E.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 2F48FB1E-1043-4D57-B63D-E1D7552F4DDD.jpg
    2F48FB1E-1043-4D57-B63D-E1D7552F4DDD.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 295
Nice one Paddy, enjoy. There must be a few V85 owners here now?

Another one here... V85TT Travel. Loving it so far:

I ride for blood bikes and my group now has 5 V85TT's in the fleet. The oldest ones (Nov '21) have about 20k miles each on them already, with no problems.

I see a couple are for sale on this forum, curious to know what the reasons for selling after a short-time? Any real-world opinions after 6-12 months of ownership? under powered reliability issues?

Back
Top Bottom