New Wheels

lucas

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
That’s the rear wheel sorted. Think I will use new bolts for the front discs before I fit that. No more inner tubes!!!!!
8f48f535393ca7172f8ebc872aa84b80.jpg
96d5dfd90b791475f4ac48fa4df8e747.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks excellent,are those k1200 wheels

No they are off a R1200R A straight fit. They came with shorter rear wheel bolts and I need to change the front bearing seals.
Not sure but I think you have to run certain K1200 wheels backwards.
These ones were purchased off a gentleman on this site [cheers Ted] .
Worth ding fizzer if you can find a pair.

The silver R series wheels look good on your bike with the curved spokes,
I noticed the spacer on the original rear wheel, wonder if its causing an offset,
It will be interesting to hear how you find the change affects the ride and handling,

Yes very happy with how they look and both run spot on central. Off to Wales tmoro so will let you know what improvements there are. Good weight saving alone with these wheels and no inner tubes.
b2ac075d20026add131e7d147d9f73bb.jpg
b9f6753153751815f830c4c2c883f5c2.jpg
9b4c6c69b2675c5d184159162a2865bc.jpg
cc63378705b0fafcf71a7c167c1e19db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good

Wish I’d gone for a Pure and got the cast wheels as opposed to a Pure Sport with the spoked. Shocking really that BMW don’t use tubeless spoked rims given the cost.

Looks good

Wish I’d gone for a Pure and got the cast wheels as opposed to a Pure Sport with the spoked. Shocking really that BMW don’t use tubeless spoked rims given the cost.

The cost of cast wheels I would think has got to be cheaper than the wire wheels plus inner tubes. Have to agree with you that tubeless spoked rims are both practical and look good.

I did remove my tubes using the 3 m tape method, thought to give it a try for tubeless benefits,
I do like the spoke wheels, the 2017 rims are different,
not seen any decent r wheels at reasonable money as they do look good,
How are you finding the handling Lucas,

This looks really good.

Does anyone have a list of wheels (model and years) that will fit the RnineT??

Obviously the R1200R fit and there's mention of the K1200. I like to idea of given this a go and looking on fleebay there's a lot of various K/R/GS wheels available but I'm not sure what fits our bikes.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

jgk

I did remove my tubes using the 3 m tape method, thought to give it a try for tubeless benefits,
I do like the spoke wheels, the 2017 rims are different,
not seen any decent r wheels at reasonable money as they do look good,
How are you finding the handling Lucas,

Well the tyres are scrubbed in now and I must say the handling is consistently smoother and making the steering round corners more nimble but a relaxed feel to the whole ride.
I think this is mainly due to the weight saving but obviously new tyres always will make a difference.
My tyre man Steve has recommended the Bridgestone Battlax instead of the Metzeler Roadtec which I was running before. So altogether very pleased with the set up.

FRONT Spoked wheel discs tyre & tube 140kg R1200R wheel discs & tyre 95kg
REAR Spoked wheel tyre & tube 150kg R1200R wheel & tyre 115kg

This looks really good.

Does anyone have a list of wheels (model and years) that will fit the RnineT??

Obviously the R1200R fit and there's mention of the K1200. I like to idea of given this a go and looking on fleebay there's a lot of various K/R/GS wheels available but I'm not sure what fits our bikes.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

jgk

Some come up on here from time to time. Just keep an eye on the for sale section.

Give Motorworks a ring to see if they have any, and if not say to keep you informed if any do come in to them.

R1200R 2006_2014 some years are different designs. The R9T site is very helpful as well.

wow your wheels are heavier than the bike,,,,,,
I will weigh the tubes and wheels next time my spoked wheels are out,
It looks like a waiting game for tidy wheels seen some shabby ones about,
4.5 kg front and 3.5 kg rear is a massive benefit,
Good to hear the weight loss is improving handling,

They look good!

I bought a pair of ex-GS cast wheels I have still to fit.
I'll have to check for alignment once I get around to it.
I like the weight saving you have; should help.

Well the tyres are scrubbed in now and I must say the handling is consistently smoother and making the steering round corners more nimble but a relaxed feel to the whole ride.
I think this is mainly due to the weight saving but obviously new tyres always will make a difference.
My tyre man Steve has recommended the Bridgestone Battlax instead of the Metzeler Roadtec which I was running before. So altogether very pleased with the set up.

FRONT Spoked wheel discs tyre & tube 140kg R1200R wheel discs & tyre 95kg
REAR Spoked wheel tyre & tube 150kg R1200R wheel & tyre 115kg

Should read' FRONT Spoked wheel discs tyre &tube 14kg R1200R wheel discs & tyre 9.5kg
REAR Spoked wheel tyre & tube 15kg R1200R wheel & tyre 11.5k THANKS Roamer !!!!!!!

I am interested in the weight of the later spoked wheels, i suspect they may be slightly heavier,
they look to have a cast rim opposed to the pressed one on earlier bikes,
I will have them out and weigh them over winter and compare with yours for reference,
The cast R wheels may yield a greater weight saving on the later wheels,

Back
Top Bottom