Hole in seat :(

mrklunk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went out to test ride my new tank-bag and sheepskin and when I got back I noticed a mark on my seat. On closer inspection, it's A HOLE!!! WTF? Nothing has happened to the seat and it's only been off once. Bike is 3 weeks old! Any ideas? it's at the end towards the tank Can I claim on the warranty?

Attachments

• IMG_6869.jpg
    IMG_6869.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 222
Too many spliffs whilst sat on yer bike ..... :D

If I did somehow damage it I can't think how? I've on;y had the seat off once which was today to get the toolkit? Hmmmm.

Well, I don't smoke but fel like a splifff right now!!

:D seriously go to BMW but do not talk about the tankbag or sheepskin, but I bet they will blame your kecks, they always do. :blast

Fair enough. There's nothing sharp on either the bag or the sheepskin or my bike jeans. it's also where the seat butts up to the tank so pretty difficult to catch anything on it ion that area.

If you don't have much joy warranty wise, smear of black p.u sealer make it watertight & take your eye of it..

Got a new seat under warranty when a hole developed so worth a try with BMW

Thanks a lot for that. Makes a difference that it's not a first. I've been handling the bike with kid gloves, it's 3weeks old. No way was it something I 'did' to it. Must be a flaw/fault in the material. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom