Uploading Photos-That old chestnut. Help please!!

cornish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, I've read all the stuff on here from 2005 etc and have just managed to post one pic of my van in the Test section, miraculously. However I can't seem to replicate this event. I have been resizing in preview on my Mac, which seems very hit and miss. Ive spent a few hours on this now and the sun is out! Can anyone point me to an understandable version of how to get pics on here? I want to offer the van on here first, but am close to giving up! Any help much appreciated.

Don't resize in preview on a Mac, I'm at work so not near a Mac at the moment to look, but you need to export the file first. Think you select photo then file then export, I just stick a folder on the desktop call it photos for posting or similar and export it to that folder, that alone may even bring it down to size. The size of the file is usually the issue, I think the export command then gives you an option to resize if you need it. I do know it can't be done direct from the photo album app or at least I could not get it to work that way.

Thanks for your reply. I just tried that and it exported the file to the folder fine, but I didn't see any option for resizing.:nenau

Any other thoughts?

Sorry,

I'm at Work overseas with no access to a mac but due home in a few days, when I get time I will upload a how to, I have to teach myself again every time I do it.:blast

From my Mac:

Go advanced

Manage attachments

Choose file

Upload

Close this window

Submit reply (or Preview Post).

Errrr. Well that worked. But the file was bigger than the stated maximum, which is why I have been buggering about trying to resize the files. So am I correct in thinking you can upload bigger files so long as they are "new" posts, i.e one photo per post? Thnx for your replies btw.

From my Mac:

Go advanced

Manage attachments

Choose file

Upload

Close this window

Submit reply (or Preview Post).

So Sgt ....

I have a mac too, but normally use SmugMug as a picture host. If I do want to use manage attachments, how do I re-size the image so its not so fucking mahoosive ..??

Attachments

• d5RdosoVRXe3zmBkh19+sA.jpg
    d5RdosoVRXe3zmBkh19+sA.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 286
Ahh ....

Cancel my last ..... in preview it's massive, but in submit it seems to sort itself out :thumb2

PICTURES HERE I COME :D:D :bounce1

Right I've just added photos to a for sale thread from a MAC and this is how I did it.

Select photo from iPhotos
Create a folder on your desk top, call it post photos or whatever you want
Go to file, select export and export the picture to your new folder
Open the picture from the folder
Go to tools select resize
In the custom boxes put a value in of about 350 for height and width
hit ok and the picture will probably shrink to nothing do not panic
Close the picture and reopen it it will now appear normal size but the file size will be smaller
close again and check size in the folder it should be much smaller

To upload to site, click attach image in the tool bar, select the photo from from the attach file window by browsing, select you pic, once it appears as an attachment click upload.

Well thanks for all the input but fate has intervened in the shape of a friend flying down for the weekend who has ended up driving off in the van.
Result, and no need to grapple with the pics till the next time! :thumb2

Heres my attempt, 10m standing unsupported, one with a BSA R10 PCP .22, the second with an Air Arms TX200 .22 Springer. I claim 23mm for the BSA and 45 for the Air Arms Springer.

Attachments

• IMG_0395 2.jpg
    IMG_0395 2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 189
Oops loaded the above to the wrong thread, had to look here as I forgot how to load photos.

Back
Top Bottom