knocking feeling

paddy1023

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hello
I have a 2017 gs adv was away on a trip and I can feel a knocking coming up though the seat when on a rough road bike is just
out of warranty about two weeks anyone any ideas many thanks

is this in any gear... and any RPM... ??

Does vibration increase/decrease with speed or is it with revs.

Simplistically;

If it's revs, engine

If it is speed related, drive train/suspension.

Now you at least have an idea where to start looking.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

yeah any gear and any speed going over rough road I can feel the knocking coming up though the seat .the shock settings are working fine with the three different settings ie rider only rider and pillion and rider with luggage feels like there's something loose but I checked and see nothing cheers

thanks its speed related drive train .suspension booked into hursts motorrad in Belfast bike just out of warranty if its shock hope I get a goodwill fix heard a new shock is £1800

thanks I haven't but will first thing in morning cheers

Rear paralever to bevel box bearings , needle roller lasts about 2 years or so

Centre-stand bouncing off bottom of frame over bumps? Mine does that, and more noticeable since I added mass to it with the ally bash guard.

I get it too but not as consistently as the op. There was a similar thread recently and the dealer greased the driveshaft ( not the splines) and it cured it. Was a couple of weeks ago if u look back in the posts

thanks funny I seen an article youtube and the bike was two year old like mine and drive shaft and splines were covered I rust I'll have a look

your right forgot to close off sensor hole oil all over the place but I have new oil anyway but the annoying thing is that there's no grease anywhere on the splines front and back meaning that the rear one is seized to the final drive and any bolts or pins are dry how hard would it be for BMW to pack these things with grease

your right forgot to close off sensor hole oil all over the place but I have new oil anyway but the annoying thing is that there's no grease anywhere on the splines front and back meaning that the rear one is seized to the final drive and any bolts or pins are dry how hard would it be for BMW to pack these things with grease

Just thinking Paddy if it is out of warranty by only 2 weeks, maybe try and get extended warranty, say nothing about the knock, and when you got it claim warranty. :augie

A good dealer should get you help with this from BMW as a good will gesture. I’ve had that in the past. This assumes you have Full Main Dealer Service History.

Back
Top Bottom