WP 43mm Forks

essjay

Reaction score
I've picked up an XCountry (2008/Black) recently and looking at options to upgrade the forks. The bike needs a bit of work as its rattly looking even with only 20k miles and the plan is to rebuild as much as possible over the winter. The current fork seals need replacing anyway as oil is dripping out.

Seems to be a few options for the forks including new Hyperpro springs (about £300 all in), Marzocchi Shivers and WP 43mm forks.

I've spotted these on eBay and the numbers sound about right (54mm upper and 57mm lower). By the time the caliper bracket is included they might work out a little more expensive than getting the current forks rebuilt with the Hyperpro springs.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254214750297

Thoughts?

I've done the hyperpro route; straight forward and cost of the kit was approx £130. However, you are still left with one fork does compression, the other rebound.

I don't think the forks listed would be a straight swap as i believe some tinkering may be required re axle dia and caliper mount, but i know others have put wp forks on so it should be possible. May be a thread on it somewhere.

I'll check some measurements when home and see what's different.

Yes I was aware of the axle diameter and the caliper bracket required. That said, I don't think these are the 43mm WP forks that people have used. By the description it seems that one axle hole is 25mm as expected but the other is 20mm. On the 43mm WP forks people use on the XC's the axle holes are 25mm and 24mm.

Back
Top Bottom