Key Battery life?

15,400 miles on my 2018 1200 GS - 50% capacity key battery warning - changed battery. How long did yours last?

Two years to the day, I shit you not!

Bugger all to worry about every garage in the country carries replacements.

Now getting the battery cover off first time, that’s the worrying moment.

Two years to the day, I shit you not!

Bugger all to worry about every garage in the country carries replacements.

Now getting the battery cover off first time, that’s the worrying moment.

Yeah, but just flip out the key and push up hard with the thumbs, takes a bit of effort but pops off eventually.

I'm on my 6th battery in 3 weeks.

Off again to the dealers next week.

Two years and two weeks - 3 days after my last service. Good job it was after, dread to think what they would have charged to change it

7 months and 11 days. Do heavy daily usage and lots of stops and starts each day impact battery life or does it just emit a constant signal? Just asking for a friend

7 months and 11 days. Do heavy daily usage and lots of stops and starts each day impact battery life or does it just emit a constant signal? Just asking for a friend

It emits a constant signal. I found this out during two visits to the dealer when the battery wasn't outputting enough voltage to talk to the petrol cap on two occasions.

It emits a constant signal. I found this out during two visits to the dealer when the battery wasn't outputting enough voltage to talk to the petrol cap on two occasions.

Oooh That needs to be posted in the petrol cap thread

After the first time I replaced the battery I keep getting the key missing alert from the bike but just move the key in my pocket or press the button or even just wait and it comes back.
Tried 3 or 4 different batteries and it still does it even when they are fresh.
Tried adjusting the contacts in the key but don't want to try too hard and break the darn thing.
Doesn't stop the bike but just annoying when it pops up.

I was just reading this whilst stopped for a drink in Folles (very pretty little place in France) when my bike displayed that very message on start up!

Back
Top Bottom