Cornwall day trip!

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It all fell into place. Southampton Boat Show press day on Friday, so rode down and stayed with a friend on Thursday evening, 5 miles to the show from his place Friday morning. Friday evening rode down to stay with friends there, Trebrownbridge, just outside Liskeard. Saturday I had a couple of bike shoots to do, the first at Bocconoc estate, just outside Lostwithiel, then from there up to Bovey Tracey for 'Best Paint' winner in the BSH championship. The guy has a fascinating place making fibreglass models for theme parks and film sets - dinosaurs, mermaids, Pirates of the Caribbean, all sorts of stuff. His bike had Pirates all over it and cannons for the exhaust and all that kind of thing. Was an interesting shoot. Thence onwards for my bed in Exeter at my niece's place, with a trip to the quay for some beery indulgence after a hard day of slog! The following morning I nipped up to Basingstoke for 'Best Engineering', a Spondon GSXR turbo that really is very neat, then tootled home - 717 miles all told. She did it with ease and only 5 tanks. I filled in Warwick, then Southampton, Saltash and that got me to Exeter, that got me to Newbury which saw me home. 35 litres all told, maximum. About 85mpg! :thumby:

:postpics come on then :beerjug:

Still in the cameera... then I have to resize them.... I have got to edit for the magazines first, then I can stick some up. One day someone will show me how to use the phone camera so that I can put them up on here.... I have no idea how to get on here through my phone yet. That is a marvel of modern methods that I am yet to learn! The boat show wasn't that interesting, but the new engines and a couple of future boat tests were what I was there for.. oh and the new stuff from Garmin. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom