Backing up iPad to icloud

HTB1

Reaction score
I am trying to backup my iPad to the iCloud using my iPhone as a hotspot to provide the WiFi. iPad says it can’t be done due to - poor network conditions. Signal is good, iPad is on mains power.
The iPhone itself can’t be backed up as it too says it needs to be connected to WiFi, tried using another iPhone as a hotspot for my iPhone but no joy.
Anyone know if it’s possible to backup in this way?

Whilst mentioning iCloud, a question. If you delete pics off of the device do they delete off of iCloud?

Whilst mentioning iCloud, a question. If you delete pics off of the device do they delete off of iCloud?

As far as I know, yes. There should be an option to “delete from this device only” or “archive this photo”

I am trying to backup my iPad to the iCloud using my iPhone as a hotspot to provide the WiFi. iPad says it can’t be done due to - poor network conditions. Signal is good, iPad is on mains power.
The iPhone itself can’t be backed up as it too says it needs to be connected to WiFi, tried using another iPhone as a hotspot for my iPhone but no joy.
Anyone know if it’s possible to backup in this way?

Back up does not happen when your on 3/4G and needs a wifi connection as standard. Even though you are using wifi to tether to your iphone, it's only using 3/4G for the internet connection. You can change the setting but I'm not sure it would work for backing up.

Setting/Mobile Data/ scroll to the bottom and uncheck "icloud drive" switch. This allows document transfer to the icloud with mobile data, I'm not sure if it will help with a back up but worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom