insurance woes!

BeMoto were like pulling teeth this morning!
Girl couldn't even read the script properly.....
Still waiting for them to back to me about multibike - so much that it was still easier to get a new policy with MCE for the 1250 and leave the others on their own policies.

I know I'm covered for Scandinavia, EU and parts of Africa, plus got US and Canada added.

The Scandinavian countries are, all three, part of the EU. Four, if you add in their Nordic sister, Finland.

How did you get US and Canadian Motor Liability added to your UK Motor policy? I only ask as there are pages in other sections where bods are struggling to get US insurance, the most popular US source of cover having shut their doors.

The Scandinavian countries are, all three, part of the EU. Four, if you add in their Nordic sister, Finland.

Swap Norway for Finland and I'll agree with you :D

And of no relevance or use to the OP, but to maintain the banter, my GS(F)1250(SA) just cost £129.60 to insure via Bikesure, whom I have always found to be very easy to deal with and competitive.

How did you get US and Canadian Motor Liability added to your UK Motor policy? I only ask as there are pages in other sections where bods are struggling to get US insurance, the most popular US source of cover having shut their doors.

I went for Canada, as I was shipping bike out to Newfoundland, and it was stupid numbers but still cheaper than hiring a car, I jokingly asked about how much if I included US and it wasn't as much as I expected.

I got quoted a figure and went ok, which I think surprised them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Norway is a Scandinavian country, in the same way Eire is part of the British Isles.

Feels like Groundhog Day, but: Swap Norway for Finland and I'll agree with you

Finland is a Nordic country, not true Scandinavian despite large parts of it being ruled by Sweden in the past.

Norway is a Scandinavian country....

Indeed it is, one of the three, alongside Denmark and Sweden. Uniquely, Norway is not in the EU though, all be it the country follows a large number of the EU’s rules and regulations. Finland, which is in the EU, completes the four country Nordic countries.

Norway makes some reasonable aquavit, though not as good as the Danes’ offerings.

GSA and GS are almost uninsurable in London. Mainly due to theft having gone up massively.
Try RTs that are better. My cover in west London (garage, no commute) is currently about £1200 for last year’s RT, a bike that replaced a 16my GSA as it was basically uninsurable at near £3500.
I reckon insurance for bikes has gone up fourfold since 2014 for me. Mind you Crime/thieving has probably increased more where i live. Terrible overall.

Side story: my neighbour has lost 3 scooters in as many years taken from being chained to anchors on his front porch. On his latest (5yo honda sh300) he has put a plastic note on the chain that reads:
“Dear Thug, if you are reading this you are about to commit a crime. You are also being recorded by cameras. The crime you are about to commit is much lesser than the crime I will commit if I catch you. Think about it, don’t do it.”
He reckons it seems to be working. Or it may just be the urine metallic SH 🤣

Hi Bruumy Bloke, a Cov Chav here. I was in a very similar situation to you when I returned to biking a couple of years ago. I found I was either uninsurable or that the quotes were around £1k. I ended up going with BikeSure. Wasn't cheap still but was more tenable.

My knocking on doors included BeMoto. Spoke to a very sympathetic guy who said that I would find that after the first and second years the premiums asked from insurers would fall dramatically, and this has turned out to be the case.

Welcome to my world. My last GS was over £1,500 and I'm expecting my 1250 to be nearer £2k - it was nearly £300 to change from 1200 to 1250 with 6 months to run.

IAM/RoSPA gold - makes little or no difference. No convictions either.

Rallye was £7k

I tried all the comparison sites.

Need to move to Haydock...

.... and how many claims have you had? :augie :D :beerjug:

.... and how many claims have you had? :augie :D :beerjug:

Ouch.

Ok, I've had one theft - prior to that my policy went from £300 to £600 for no apparent reason. Protected no claims, but the fact that a theft was recorded at my address makes it almost irrelevant.

And a no fault accident, all of my insurers costs recovered...

However, I know of 2 others on here with similar costs attached to their bikes without any claims, both just inside the M25.

I was last punted off in 2011 with a fairly hefty bill attached for the other party's insurer and it made sod all difference to the policy.

Hi chaps. ordered a 1250gsa, asked for a quote from my usual insurer for cover and got a bit of a shock when he quoted £1170 with 350 excess for 7000 miles a year!!! I'm a 52 year old, past my test 36 years ago,IAM first, IAM car,no convictions. any suggestion as to who to call for cover?

Try Bemoto, they were the cheapest i could find. Bennetts renewal came through at £1150 for a multi bike policy which includes my new 1250 GS Rallye and my RnineT Urban GS.. Up from £314 for my GSA LC and Urban GS last year. Fecking rip off merchants...
Some insurers wouldn't even quote me, 49 yrs old, live in Windsor, RoSPA gold, alarm immobiliser, tracker, no convictions or accidents in last 5 years etc....

Bemoto got it down to £560 for both bikes and were very helpful:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom