Hall sensor's and adventure tank queries:-)

dunnie

Reaction score
Hi all,

not posted for a while but recently came across a stranded GSER with suspected Hall sensor failure, this bike was a 1996 1100 with 62000 on the clock or there abouts. What I would like to know were all 1100's prone to Hall sensor failures at some point or just some years? I am planning on sorting some overdue bits on my 98 1100 and maybe I should consider changing mine as a preventative measure for trips are planned for next year.

My other question is that I am after an 1150 adventure tank and would like to know if it would be a straight swap/fit, like plug in and play? also what kind of money can i get an adv tank for? don't care about the paint as that's likely to get redone in any case.

Any advice and or comments would be greatly received.

Thankyou in advance. :thumby::tarka

The hall sensors are as likely to fail across production years. Some have them rewired with more robust wiring, some buy new, theres a company on ebay in Greece sells them IIRC. I bought a second hand one and keep it as a spare for when mine goes (currently at 99,120 miles).

The 1150 adv tank is a straight swap for the 1100 with metal tank. The earlier plastic tank has slightly different rubbers for the beak. If youre re-using the internals from your 1100 the level float arm needs a bend to correct the reading. I picked up a cheap used 1150adv assembly instead.

They are going for silly money now though, anywhere 500-800 usually, if you can find one for sale.

The hall sensors are as likely to fail across production years. Some have them rewired with more robust wiring, some buy new, theres a company on ebay in Greece sells them IIRC. I bought a second hand one and keep it as a spare for when mine goes (currently at 99,120 miles).

The 1150 adv tank is a straight swap for the 1100 with metal tank. The earlier plastic tank has slightly different rubbers for the beak. If youre re-using the internals from your 1100 the level float arm needs a bend to correct the reading. I picked up a cheap used 1150adv assembly instead.

They are going for silly money now though, anywhere 500-800 usually, if you can find one for sale.

Thankyou for the reply, I will grab a spare sensor and keep an eye out for a tank with the float and bits still with it.

Kindest regards

Dunnie:thumby::bow

I’ve had a spare HES for the last 10yrs as an insurance policy, which hopefully guarantees I’ll never need it...

Back
Top Bottom