Granny on the Silk Road/Pamir Highway

A lovely read as always Mide and very inspirational.
Thanks for posting
D

What an incredible trip, great write up and photos as well.

Just finished reading that, great report, thanks for taking the time to post your trip. What an amazing experience you both got to share together and reminisce over in years to come, and you are far from finished yet I imagine.

Thanks for that, a great write up, takes a lot of time and you are always aware while you're riding "would that make a good photo for the blog?"

Good that you name a lot of the places you stayed, always good to have recommendations. Did you have any issues getting fuel or with the quality of it?

Heading east in about 20 months though the exact route will evolve at the time

Fabulous. I don't know about you but I'm bloody exhausted ! ;) Thanks for the effort in posting this up. Great pictures. I've really enjoyed it. :thumb2;)

:) It was a great trip:thumb writing the report and looking at the pics brings it all back;)

Excellent trip and glad to hear that Fritz finally got to ride the Pamir....look forward to the next episode. :beerjug:

Me too;)

What a great write up Mide and fab photos. Brought back vivid memories. Thank you. Loved Kevin's recording of his trip back to the Bartang Valley with Fritz.

He's working on editing a video of our trip:thumb2

A lovely read as always Mide and very inspirational.
Thanks for posting
D

You're very welcome:)

Assuming you mean the Darvaza gas crater, been there. It's incredible!! :spitfire:spitfire:spitfire

Yup! That's the one:thumb

Fantastic! :thumb
Mark

Thank you;)

What an incredible trip, great write up and photos as well.

Everytime I look at the pics, I wish I was back there:thumb2

Just finished reading that, great report, thanks for taking the time to post your trip. What an amazing experience you both got to share together and reminisce over in years to come, and you are far from finished yet I imagine.

So many plans, so little time/holidays:augie

Thanks for that, a great write up, takes a lot of time and you are always aware while you're riding "would that make a good photo for the blog?"

Good that you name a lot of the places you stayed, always good to have recommendations. Did you have any issues getting fuel or with the quality of it?

Heading east in about 20 months though the exact route will evolve at the time

The quality is not so good in Tajikistan, but no probs in Kyrgystan, Kazakstan. We had no problems getting fuel. Most villages that don't have a petrol station, have a man who will sell petrol to you:thumb

The best advise I can give you is, always have toilet roll in your pocket:thumb

fantastic write up, well done Mide & Kev, very jealous.

Con, it was a great trip, I can highly recommend both countries. It's very easy to hire bikes there, and food and petrol is really cheap. The people are lovely and the scenery is just amazing. Everyone should go:)

Great ride report Mide

Enjoyed the read and the cracking photos

I just love yer trip reports guys, always so laid back and unfazed, very inspirational. Don't ever stop, even if it becomes zimmer frames up kilmanjaro in the distant future. :thumb

Great ride report Mide

Enjoyed the read and the cracking photos

I just love yer trip reports guys, always so laid back and unfazed, very inspirational. Don't ever stop, even if it becomes zimmer frames up kilmanjaro in the distant future. :thumb

Have to say it really was a fabulous trip:thumb I can't wait for the next bit:roll:bounce1

Kev has another trip on the go at the moment:) check it out - the Baikal Project on Facebook or https://thebaikalproject.com :thumb2

Fantastic report (as usual). Amazing scenery and while you say the photos may not do it justice, they certainly give it a damn good try!

I love reading other people's trips to wild and lonely places, but this one really makes me want to go and give it a try myself...

Fantastic trip and a fantastic report as always. The "must do" list just keeps getting longer! :thumb2

Fantastic report (as usual). Amazing scenery and while you say the photos may not do it justice, they certainly give it a damn good try!

I love reading other people's trips to wild and lonely places, but this one really makes me want to go and give it a try myself...

Thank you:p I have to say I would encourage everyone to go. You can go on a motorbike, in a hire car, with a driver, on a bus, even a pushbike. There's just no excuse not to go:thumb

Thanks Mide, an amazing trip and so well recounted!

Fantastic trip and a fantastic report as always. The "must do" list just keeps getting longer! :thumb2

If you liked Mongolia, you'll love the Pamir;) Food is waaaaaaay better:D

Hi Mide....just came across your report and have really enjoyed it (I am due to arrive Almaty mid May for a month so a similar timing to your report, so the weather guidance was interesting! I shall pack warm clothes).

Thanks for posting - such an interesting report.

Sadly, with the efflux of time many of the photo linkies have died....is there anywhere else I could see them,:augie

Thanks again

Hi Mide....just came across your report and have really enjoyed it (I am due to arrive Almaty mid May for a month so a similar timing to your report, so the weather guidance was interesting! I shall pack warm clothes).

Thanks for posting - such an interesting report.

Sadly, with the efflux of time many of the photo linkies have died....is there anywhere else I could see them,:augie

Thanks again
Hi Simon, only seeing your response now🙈 I have a Facebook page called Granny on the Silk Road, you'll see the pictures there👍 where are you planning to go from Almaty? We moved the bikes from Osh to Tashkent in October 2021, and last year rode from Tashkent to Tblisi. Uzbekistan is fabulous 👌 I must do that ride report🙈 we are heading back to tblisi at the beginning of April to do the next leg of the trip, hopefully getting the bikes to Bulgaria 😊

Hi Simon, only seeing your response now🙈 I have a Facebook page called Granny on the Silk Road, you'll see the pictures there👍 where are you planning to go from Almaty? We moved the bikes from Osh to Tashkent in October 2021, and last year rode from Tashkent to Tblisi. Uzbekistan is fabulous 👌 I must do that ride report🙈 we are heading back to tblisi at the beginning of April to do the next leg of the trip, hopefully getting the bikes to Bulgaria 😊
Picking up rental DR650s in Almaty on 14 May and heading up to Dushanbe to spend 10 days there and then exiting to Kyrgyzstan - the rest of the itinerary is fluid other than returning the bikes to Almaty 12 June.
So all itinerary suggestions gratefully received 🙏😁

A taster from GE offers this with an added route should you need to travel by crow!
KML attached
ScreenShot434.jpgh a route if you ravel by crow!

Attachments

• A-2.zip
    356.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom