First trip 2 up on the old GS

donkeydoo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just got back yesterday from our first 2 up trip on a bike for 20 plus years, the last one was 2 up on a Fireblade racing to the Dordogne..

Anyways both the old girls handled it well the GS did sputter a little at times the wife too after long stints but my worries of her not making the 3000 odd mile round loop from the UK to France and across Spain and the back up through France
Were unfounded. The bike is old but it's fantastic and I think it is a keeper for ever...

Got the Eurotunnel on the 30th August stayed one night just outside Calais and then headed to Le Mans then Limoges and onto Amou near the border of Spain and then into Asturias where we stayed for a few days. I can confirm that Asturias is the best place I know for food where you can eat a 3 course meal with wine for 9 Euro...
After there we went onto Lagrono for a night and then to the East cost of Spain. (what I have discovered is how important it can be to study the weather could have so easily gotten washed away in the storms)
Then off back up through France.

Best holiday I have had and probably the only one that when I got in although aching a little and a bit of a sore neck, could be down to bar position, actually feel refreshed....

Not the best report I know but it is my first and hopefully not last......

Nice couple of bits of street art...

Attachments

• IMAG0073.jpg
    IMAG0073.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 450
This time round on a slightly newer machine

As long as the Frenchies don't introduce quarantine am off in a week or so...

Attachments

• Roadie.jpg
    Roadie.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 231
I thought that if we visit France atm that we would have to quarantine for 14 days before our holiday start and then on return have to quarantine for another 14 back in the uk
Please correct me as I am hopefully going to Spain late October

I thought that if we visit France atm that we would have to quarantine for 14 days before our holiday start and then on return have to quarantine for another 14 back in the uk
Please correct me as I am hopefully going to Spain late October

Spain may be slightly different but at the moment for France you just need to fill out a declaration, I think Spain has an online version..

Back
Top Bottom