Round Norway with a Fridge September 2019

Great pics, Trickster. Must go up there myself one day again

You will love it there. :)

But go early (May) or later (September) to see the best of Norway without the tourist crowd. A bit like the Alps. :thumb2

You will need to change the seat and boards..... a Le Pera single seat and forward controls solves the cramped riding position when super tall..

many thanks for taking the time to post . Looks fabulous , a great trip and a beautiful RK . Are they quite roomy ? I had a 1997 RK and it was a beauty . haven't tried one for a while , but at 6 foot 5 or so , I wonder if its worth a revisit ? Haven't seen one at my local dealer . I guess they haven't changed that much , love the simplicity , and looks like a proper bike . Again thank you :beerjug:

34043771cbb508a07cf7f28e4e57da1d.jpg

Timolgra, WTF are you doing there ?

Thanks for posting. Must get back to Norway again:)

Stunning pics, wonderful country & people. Unfortunately all of my Norway pics are of pi55ed up squaddies or messing around in Hagglund Bv206's 😊

Some fantastic pics there tricky, and it looks so quiet.

Will get Keith to start saving his pennies! :D

It’s not too expensive Nutty if you stay in Hostels or cheap Hotels (Booking.com etc) particularly if you go off season a bit.

I was intending to camp but the downside of nice daytime weather (13 to 18 degrees on average) was a real drop at night (4 degrees and less) in September.

In the whole nine days I was there only saw the traffic cops once. Average speed limits are generally low (80 kph) on even main roads (higher on larger roads like the E6 but didn’t spend much time on that). If you get caught fines are on the spot and savage (like Switzerland).

Locals seem to go 10-20 kph above the limit on open roads so I just followed their example. The scenery is so diverse and beautiful that going too fast means you can’t take it all in properly anyway.

If you’re planning to do the West Coast below Trondheim (the best bits) then early or later in the year is better as it can get crowded with tourists in say July and August.

Lofoten Islands and further North are probably better done from June to August as it’s warmer. By September it’s getting colder the further North as their autumn starts probably a month earlier than ours so September in Norway is like the Alps in October. Still doable mind. :thumb2

I had two weeks which is probably the minimum amount of time you want to enjoy it properly.

If it’s just the West Coast you want to do then I would recommend getting the Ferry from Hirtshals in Northern Denmark to Kristiansand (about a 3 hour crossing during the daytime) and this puts you straight into the good stuff.

The ride to Hirtshals from the Tunnel is a comfortable two days if you don’t want to do it all on motorways. So two weeks gives you two days there two back and ten enjoying the place.

If you want to see Lofoten and Nordkapp etc then it is easier to travel up via Sweden as the speed limits are higher. It’s a long way mind but nice in a different way. I did the Finnmark area in 2017 but didn’t have time to do the west coast as well as I never have more than two weeks usually. :thumb2

I had two weeks which is probably the minimum amount of time you want to enjoy it properly.

If it’s just the West Coast you want to do then I would recommend getting the Ferry from Hirtshals in Northern Denmark to Kristiansand (about a 3 hour crossing during the daytime) and this puts you straight into the good stuff.

The ride to Hirtshals from the Tunnel is a comfortable two days if you don’t want to do it all on motorways. So two weeks gives you two days there two back and ten enjoying the place.

If you want to see Lofoten and Nordkapp etc then it is easier to travel up via Sweden as the speed limits are higher. It’s a long way mind but nice in a different way. I did the Finnmark area in 2017 but didn’t have time to do the west coast as well as I never have more than two weeks usually. :thumb2

Thx mate....the max no. of days I can get away with is 9, so it'll be straight into the good stuff methinks :D

You can do the Tunnel to Hirtshals in one day no problem if you blast up the motorways/autobahn. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom