Sena 30K - voice control?

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've recently bought an Evo 20s only to discover the 'voice control' is not really that... You have to tap the unit to wake it and then it'll respond to voice commands. A bit daft if you ask me.

Does anyone out the have the Sena 30K and use the voice control? Is it 'always listening' so you can simply say "Hello sena" to stop and start functions?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I changed from 20S Evo to 30K. However Ive not used the voice commands. Maybe I should ?

I changed from 20S Evo to 30K. However Ive not used the voice commands. Maybe I should ?
If it's like the SRL, then yes you wanna give it a go!

An example:

Listening to radio/music, you approach a tailback on an A road or M/way. As you enter the gap between lanes to slowly filter, you can just say "Hello Sena - Radio/Music" and it stops, allowing you to concentrate on the filtering. Traffic cleared, get the radio/music back on, all hands free... A call comes in, just say "Hello" or whatever and it'll answer.

It works. And it works well

I have a Cardo PackTalk Bold and a Sena equivalent (real Sena, but integrated into Schuberth C4 Pro helmet - not sure what this actually is - probably 10x)

Can't tell you about the higher level Sena, but my experience of the Cardo voice commands is very good. It works well with commands for phone, radio, intercom etc... But for me the best use is Siri on my iPhone so I can say something like "Play Rolling Stones" or "Navigate Home".

At first, I had to speak in a retarded American accent to get it to understand, but a firmware upgrade fixed that.

In contrast, Sena's voice commands aren't really that at all. In fairness, they call it "Vox" control, which basically means you shout any random loud noise at the mic to get it to try to connect to intercom or answer the phone.

I found it much easier to add the bar mounted remote control than fuck around with voice commands. Much simpler, and of course you can get to the all important Siri (insert applicable preferred "digital assistant" here") with a simple bottom press.

In summary....I prefer buttons to voice, but it does have its uses.....and I don't want the buttons to be on my helmet.

My voice control didn’t work so Sportsbikeshop replaced it. That didn’t work either. If I put on a woman’s yanky accent it turns on the radio and that’s it....

I have a Sena 30k,

I turned the voice controll off, if i have my flip up lid up, it would continaully try and connect to the intercom or other function,

or alternativly, Ive litteraly being bellowing into the mike when stopped for it to try and pick up a command , which it steadfastly refuses to do...

Squeak on the other hand and it's calling 911 !!!

And my biggest gripe? the stupid actuation phrase "Hey Sena"

FFs at least apple responds to just Siri , id rather have that, then sound like your asking the thing for a favour everytime you want a command carried out

I have a Sena 30k,

I turned the voice controll off, if i have my flip up lid up, it would continaully try and connect to the intercom or other function,

or alternativly, Ive litteraly being bellowing into the mike when stopped for it to try and pick up a command , which it steadfastly refuses to do...

Squeak on the other hand and it's calling 911 !!!

And my biggest gripe? the stupid actuation phrase "Hey Sena"

FFs at least apple responds to just Siri , id rather have that, then sound like your asking the thing for a favour everytime you want a command carried out

Hmmm... I'm interested in your second comment, that it doesn't respond to you. That doesn't sound good - I mean I want this thing to operate just like my SRL. Are you sure it doesn't need tapping like the 20s?

I do agree, why you having to say "Hello Sena" is bit of a pain (why not just "Sena"). But tbh, it works so well I don't really care.

I've recently used an Alexa. Now that has very impressive voice recognition. That would be wonderful on the intercom!

Thanks for the feedback btw. It's useful

Back
Top Bottom