Gsa1200lc fork recall

Has any body experienced forks leaking after the recall modification.:blast
The forks didn't leak they came loose at the top crimping that is now covered with that pale gold collar at the top of the stantion.

The forks didn't leak they came loose at the top crimping that is now covered with that pale gold collar at the top of the stantion.

Yep I know that mate, I had mine done, a few weeks after I bought it in 2017, wondering how bad his leak is to try figure out what might have happened, but doubt it would be the recall.

Yes right fork, they replaced fork stanchion. Then left weeped and it had been over filled but stopped after a couple of weeks.

The earlier LC bikes had a square end on the stantion with a shallow groove a couple of mm above it, which doesn't seem quite right when it has to be passed through a dust cover then an oil seal.
The later forks have a very generous chamfer, which is a vast improvement. Might depend on which you have.

Stu

I rang them today and they offered to collect it and repair it , it’s a14 plate bike my first Beamer and I will always own one from now, ,thanks.

Back
Top Bottom