Dash lights before startup after rebuild

Jcrand

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
This is my first bike, It’s a 1979 r100t. Hasn’t been on the road since 1996. I’ve had no prior experience with motorcycles. So yeah I’m Completely new to this.
I bought the bike from a work colleague. He had inherited it from a friend who’d passed away. He was in the middle of getting the frame powder coated when he passed, so all the bike was stripped down and in boxes.
I’m now about a 3 weeks into the rebuild, everything is sprayed/powder coated and reassembled. I put the key in the ignition and the oil light is on before I go to start it. Is this always the case? Do the lights go off after start up? I’m just asking in case I do damage when I do fire it up.

Jordan

Probably an oil pressure light. They go off when there is oil pressure after starting.

Could I take the sparks out, remove the timing case and turn the engine over with a hex bit in a drill until I get pressure? There would be nothing wrong with that right?

Could I take the sparks out, remove the timing case and turn the engine over with a hex bit in a drill until I get pressure? There would be nothing wrong with that right?

If you want to do something like that just remove plugs and turn over on starter. JJH

Back
Top Bottom