Tank ring

wheelriding

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve got an 850GSA in order. I have a couple of questions. Has anyone fitted a GIVI tank ring to a keyless bike? If so, which of the many tank rings did you fit? Also, does the tank bag obstruct the view of the BMW Nav? Has anyone situated the Nav above the speedo cluster, if so, how?

Sorry, I realise that this is more than a couple of questions!

Cheers, Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank ring fits. Can’t remember which one. I moved mine from a L/C RT. Tank bags come in all sizes so if it blocks the sat nav- I’d say yes. I’m sure there’s something available to move the satnav I’d say the cable would be the biggest problem. JJH

Tank ring fits. Can’t remember which one. I moved mine from a L/C RT. Tank bags come in all sizes so if it blocks the sat nav- I’d say yes. I’m sure there’s something available to move the satnav I’d say the cable would be the biggest problem. JJH

Thanks. I’ll see if I can work out what firs the RT. I seem to recall reading that it was possible to relocate the Nav with a police issue BMW Nav mount but I can’t find the part number. Doh!

The tank ring you need is a BF11
Even with the smallest 4 litre GIVI bag it will make contact with the BMW sat-nav location

On my 850 I am undecided whether to relocate the sat-nav, or at the moment I am using a separate tank harness and small bag from Bagster. It does not look very neat but it clears the sat nav.

Thanks. I think relocating the Nav is my best plan. The option I favour is from MV Motorrad. If I go down that route when the bike arrives I’ll post a picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cable isn't in issue, there is plenty of it to relocate above the clocks. If I was getting a Sat Nav mount I would buy a chinese copy of the Givi one for around £20.

Cable isn't in issue, there is plenty of it to relocate above the clocks. If I was getting a Sat Nav mount I would buy a chinese copy of the Givi one for around £20.

Thanks for that. Do you know if Givi make a very small bag to almost fit inside the tank ring. I know it would have to be slightly bigger but just big enough to catch the lock mech. Just somthing big enough to carry change and odds and sods. JJH

Thanks for that. Do you know if Givi make a very small bag to almost fit inside the tank ring. I know it would have to be slightly bigger but just big enough to catch the lock mech. Just somthing big enough to carry change and odds and sods. JJH

Not as far as I know. The smallest I am aware of is the ST602 [ or whatever the latest model is called] This is the one I have and it does clash with the BMW sat-nav mount. An alternative for very small items is a leg bag like the GIVI EA109B. I bought something similar off Amazon that was aimed at cyclists or airsoft players.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K7VY2HY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A round purse/wallet with some way of retaining it and water proof that just fits in would be ideal. JJH

How familiar are you with the GIVI mechanism ?
The bag part is mounted on a 20cm diameter disc, which fastens to the bag by four bolts.
It could be mounted to any aftermarket bag with a bit of thought and ingenuity.

I have a spare bag part mechanism and the tank part of the locking mechanism, all you would need is the bike specific ring to bolt to the filler cap.
If you think you could work something out as an experiment I happy to send it to you FOC plus post and packing.
However I'm off on holiday tonight so wont be back until the 13th.
Let me know if your interested and PM me your address.

I finally fitted a Nav V/ VI Mount above the tft. I went with the Touratech model.
07e719bc0fd05df9e106218c3b84b803.jpg

Back
Top Bottom