Trip report - Operation Clusterfuck

Global Currencyies......

US Dollar
Marlboro Fags
Bel Vita Bars

These 3 will see you right anywhere on the planet :)

Glad you enjoyed.

I think I’m heading to Spain in late Nov.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9ca79a2b11defefd6062ff6b08d7cda6.jpg

Operation Clusterfuck detailed planning, lifted from this very site

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/443820-Route-Des-Grande-Alpes-map

Post #14 to be exact.

An amusing report. Thank you.

Just read right through this one
Thought my 32 euro night in Kranka Gora would take some beating but you managed that with ease
Very witty and funny
Thanks for taking the time to post

I so wish I was more like you and indeed other travellers and not worry about accomodation as I do .Everything is booked in advance with Booking.com routes from hotel to hotel usually 200 to 300 miles depending on terrian. Always aiming to be there early evening around fiveish allowing time for a walk round the town something to eat and back to bed.
Where as your trips seem pretty flexible as for that getting to the hotel for 11pm deep respect to you .
Terrific read very funny as was your other trip I read

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/520065-Operation-Saddo-Sod-this-I-m-off-again

:beerjug:

Great report with typical squaddie humour - thanks. I work everyday with a bunch of ex-squaddies (I'm ex RN) and we do resettlement training and also training into the Royal Signals and RLC and it is a constant joy to work with the armed services. Can't wait for your next RR.

Thank you RR and LS

Yes the flex thing is maybe not for all.

I personally regard it as an integral part of the trip.

Last year I reached Leysin Switzerland and had to choose between east or south. Was able to follow the good weather and cuff it as I went.

I think travelling solo makes this much more possible.

I think if a Sunray was on the back I’d be getting hassled for hotel details, hairdryer availability and such.

Each to their own.

I think adventure is predominantly in the mind. I ended up in Milton Keynes Xmas eve in a hotel and rode back Xmas day solo. A fab mini adventure in itself. Added bonus, the receptionist in the hotel had too bollocks like a dead heat in a zeppelin race. Always a bonus at Xmas time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom