Trip report - Operation Clusterfuck

a015f0db884b3819ef04b7dddacf678d.jpg

Mountain weather still amazes me, freezing my gonads off to bring in bright sunshine within 5 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway, tomorrow I have a real treat in store for you.........get some sleep and see you for an 0730 lift......... it’s going to be fucking biblical.......

Just made a note of a couple of those cheaper places you mentioned; can't fault you when all you need is somewhere to doss and a nosebag.:okay

Mountain weather is so changeable !
Evskij and I did that only 10 days ago and had blue skies all week with temperatures regularly mid 20s and no lower than 12 which was top of the Col de la Bonnette .

Mountain weather is so changeable !
Evskij and I did that only 10 days ago and had blue skies all week with temperatures regularly mid 20s and no lower than 12 which was top of the Col de la Bonnette .

Indeed we have had the best weather of any trips I’ve done in the past 4 years. An entire week in the mountains and no rain, is unheard of.

Day 6

I’m awake early, the digs has done its job perfectly.

Quick shower, croissant and head off by 0730.

I have a vague plan to go to Lake Maggiore and then up the West Bank and onwards to........wherever my sore sphincter will allow.

The other bikers shout au devour from their windows as the mighty GSA and Mivv can wake up the hamlet.

It’s dank again but I’m hopeful.

I’m topped up on Bel Vita and 95 Ron, ease her out onto the main road and head for Claviere....,,.

beb8ad9d867981131d54b09234aed255.jpg

Luxury breakfast.

You gotta be happy planning a route whilst having a croissant and breathing in cold mountain air eh

8caf4dbaec15413bace0a8182d49ee3f.jpg

If you don’t like the weather.

Ride on. It’ll change......

Joyously it clears around Claviere and stays amazing all day.

Right, let’s get going to Maggiore.......

So Claviere Sesttiere an Pinerolo paddy by in amazing weather and then in flattens out towards Turin.

Honk it past Turin and get on the SS1 which is a good compromise between making progress and being interesting.

It has some v long empty straights, so I’m not surprised to see 2 x speed traps manned by actual cops.

I stop in a town for a brew and lunch.

No idea where but the square is nice enough. Typical Italian style, that particular type of granite look. A bit communist in my opinion. I’m sure you know the look....,

Elegant lady walks up and asks in Dutch where I’m from.

With a yellow rear plate, and the first letters being NL I get this quite often when abroad.

She’s Dutch but has being in Italy for 30 years, hailing from Enschede, not far from where I used to live. She grabs a coffee and chats a while.

Sadly my underpants remain on, having said that Lake Maggiore calms, and maybe further too

Get going and initially head for small lake just SW of Maggiore. Good decision as it’s beautiful and great roads. Hop over the ridge and Maggiore jumps out in all its splendour.

It’s a beautiful site.

I’m going to ride up the west side, (avoiding Ali G), and see how far I get.

Gotta have a photo stop though.......

2b1b89a838c019facb8a766baf7f2544.jpg

A thing of immense beauty, timeless and oozing class.

Oh, and that’s Lake Maggiore behind me

Back
Top Bottom