Trip report - Operation Clusterfuck

The Schlusee and Titsee swoop past me in a 3rd gear 60MPH swirl and its coffee time in Furtwangen.

Despite being a local, the bike gets a lot of attention...…..

2bc395059a54effadcc167144052c79c.jpg

Yes that left hander is as good as it looks.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbf5032b5c0b811a79d07feb0f4ce5b.jpg

As I say, the locals want some GSA action but I counter with,

Nein Danke, Der funf hundert ist mein schatz gnau

Auf Wiedersehn........

Ingrid and Heike are left sobbing at the roadside as I mount up and continue up the 500 with the intention of stopping at a point unknown, but I noted on the way down as a v pretty place.

Crack on until Gernsbach jumps out at me, find an obscenely pretty café and decide to stop for an hour or so.

Ive honked out the miles yesterday and a quick time and motion study has me making a ferry in Rotterdam in 2 nights time easily.

A couple of tourists I recognise from Todtmoos arrive and spend ages trying to get me to stop for a few days.

I batter them off with a stolen salami bun from breakfast and blast off with a " you had your chance in Todtmoos" final goodbye.

Last I see is them in the mirror both dripping like shagged fridges.

Point to note ladies, take your GSA Sexual Tyrannasaurus action whilst you can...…….

7ac11168370e88c4741d13e79f92ff66.jpg

If you see these 2 looking disappointed in the northern Schwarzwald, take pity on them and let them at least have a photo sat on your bike.......

or indeed whatever else the decide they would like to sit on.

Anyway, onwards......

d34a82641d401b62ea2998c471e36388.jpg

Gernsbach, a bit quieter than the tourist hot spots such as Triberg.

Recommended.....

As I get spat out at the northern edge of the Schwarzwald the skies look ominously dark ahead.

Suddenly Klim kit doesn't feel expensive any more...…...

Quick look at the GPS and it suggests that I can make the Boppard area fairly easily.

Ive been there before, my nav skills turned that particular episode into a cake and arse party of the highest order...… however......

A plan forms quickly.

Boppard ish tonight, a museum the next day, then a leisurely evening ride to catch the ferry from Rotterdam that evening...…….

eab866f0d6f068a346ea6904395c3233.jpg

I don’t know if you know this valley but it’s a fab ride on the western bank.

Pretty towns and again v quiet.....

It honks it down with rain for about 50 miles or so.

Tedious, but joyously it gives over around the Stromberg (Good Bond Villain), area.

I jump into the valley and route northwards.

Quick search throws up a room in Sankt Goar, (translated as "city of angels"), for 30 euros with breakfast included.

I'm soaked so readily sign up and get going.

44f40c4a5389e6d510ec595f1a83607c.jpg

It’s this place.

Shared bathroom but is a fab place. Great breakfast and the lady on duty is immensely fit, always a good thing.

I’m on the top floor so I adopt my pack mule role and hump my kit up before parking up.

Parking is in a car park right on the main road but it’s on camera so I recon should be ok, as indeed it is.

Its a pretty town. serviced by one of the many ferrys plying their drift trade from east to west banks.

Last year a boke gave me a freebie when I monged it and ended up on the wrong side f the river, I smile at the memory of a great trip. (see RR)

Anyway, the town is nice enough with a cute pedestrianised area, again its quiet as end of season which suits me.

Its quite an affluent area so being the hobo type of scuttlebucket I am, I feel v out of place, find a quick beer and food, the leg it to hotel....

The v old lady serving is a miserable old bag, about 90, blonde hair and blue eyes.

Not too difficult to guess her 'youth club' of choice in her younger days.

Anyway fuck her and her piss poor attitude, I steal a really nice beer glass and wander back to the digs...…...

91e934787b81ef9764bdd07f1458564c.jpg

Shared bathroom.

Blimey do they still make this stuff ?...…

Anyway, bed time.

The plan tomorrow is to visit 2 places.

The 2 names, for very different reasons, conjour up words in my mind such as...…….

Legendary

Fear

Respect

Legacy

Those 2 places are;

Nürburgring

Arnhem

0f793508b095e027d218c9229a878e22.jpg

The hotel takes the security of its cutlery very seriously.....

However my advanced pikey bastard skills are such that I get away with 2 bananas, a yoghurt and 2 x salami rolls. back of the net...….

Previous night parking the bike I meet a couple in an old Mini Cooper who have broken down.

I offer to help but he then tells me that its been converted to battery, despite it being a v old classic one.

Theres a Cooper meet happening just down the river.

I offered to run them down the last couple of miles but they have ADAC on way.

Meet said couple at breakfast, they've got it sorted and are heading back to the rally.

They mention that not 1 other car stopped to help and that they are grateful that I at least tried.

Blokey takes this pic for me and we set off. I recon they'll stop for any bikes broken down now...…..

A nice start to the day...…….memories of the teutonic old bag from last night fade. Fuck her, I'm off riding...…..

Loving this thread, and your trip. Getting the itch ...

Your writing puts me in mind of a bloke on ARRSE back in the day, maybe 15 years ago, who had some epic threads in the dodgier part of the site. Went by the name of Capt RTFM or some such thing. Are you (as they say in Private Eye) by any chance related?

Keep up the good work, carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Day 8

Its a dry start.

North up the valley which is a joy, kind of like Lake Maggiore at about 30pc of the wow factor.

Avoid motorways is ticked so its initially onwards to the Eiffel hills....

Looks a bit dark in the distance.....

Loving this thread, and your trip. Getting the itch ...

Your writing puts me in mind of a bloke on ARRSE back in the day, maybe 15 years ago, who had some epic threads in the dodgier part of the site. Went by the name of Capt RTFM or some such thing. Are you (as they say in Private Eye) by any chance related?

Keep up the good work, carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi mate.

No, the only thing Ive used ARRSE for is pension stuff, its been quite good for that.

Anyway glad you enjoy.

Ive always got the itch, partly because I love travel and partly because I only change my pants monthly :)

Back
Top Bottom